Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pros and cons of an October baby.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 28 Replies
To those moms who have had babies in October. What are the pros and cons? I'm due in October :)
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brittany9166
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
My baby boy is due in November! One con is we have to deal with the summer heat!!! Lol

Quoting g5em:

To those moms who have had babies in October. What are the pros and cons? I'm due in October :)

mylilprincesses
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I have two nov babies and two may babies..
pros.. getting to swim most of my pregnancy and doing the pool exercises.. to help with ligament pain

cons.. it birthdays close to major holidays..
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
For me absolutely nothing wrong with October
My son Hunter's birthday is October 30 its not hot anymore and still hasn't gotten to cold outdoors yet .We have his birthday party during the Halloween party at school plus its still nice enough out to go to the amusement park or zoo or have a cookout for his birthday if we choose. Infant Halloween costumes are adorable
ladyluke2007
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Cons, summer heat and birthdays close to holidays.

Pros, You have semi warm weather to enjoy. 

My Tommy was born October 2nd.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I can only think of cons ATM.  You have a newborn during cold and flu season.  They start school almost a year later than they would if they were born 2 months prior (whether they're ready or not). It's the start of the holiday season. 

SaraNicole1019
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
There birthday is in cold season! So you can't have a pool party or beach party!
My daughter was born October 19th :)
You can have a holloween party for their birthday if its close to it. :)
SouthernMamaof1
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS was born Oct 28.  Pros...great weather, too young for christmas toys (saves money)

Cons...colds, flu season, too young for fun christmas toys

norahsmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I have 2 October babies. No cons!
paige8608
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I had my son it August. He was there for all of the major holidays! It was awesome. He's 4, but has had 5 Halloweens, Thanksgivings, and Christmases.

skyelyns_mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My daughter bday is Oct 2nd and I love having an October baby ;) the weather is usually nice plus there are so many things to do all month. Last year we had a Halloween nihow kailan birthday party and it was great!!! This year my daughter wants a rugrats bday and im thinking of doing it Halloween themes again!! I've even got an awesome idea for her sweet 16 if she wants lol btw she is only 3 so i have time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)