Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strollers

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

Does anyone own an Uppababy G-Luxe stroller? If so, can you give me a short review? I currently own a 2012 Baby Jogger city mini stroller and I love it but.... I travel with my son almost every day by myself because I work at a child care facility and bring him with me. Public transportationsis difficult because ds is 6 months and heavy. Picking him up as well as the stroller and going up down the steps has been difficult. :-/

I love everything about this uppababy stroller, mostly because it's light weight and has a carrying strap. I know the Maclaren is similar but this one grabs my attention.

Thanks in advance!
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fortressmom
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I don't use a stroller with my babes, I wear them. Have you tried that instead of lugging a stroller around? Here's a bump for reviews for you!

Beauty91805
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Thank you! I did carry him for awhile in my boba but he became much too heavy and began disliking it. He would always push against my chest with his hands and throw his head backwards then cry because he didn't like being in it anymore.

Quoting fortressmom:

I don't use a stroller with my babes, I wear them. Have you tried that instead of lugging a stroller around? Here's a bump for reviews for you!

polkaspots
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I travel with kids on public transportation too, so I know how hard it is. I really suggest finding a carrier you can use. Even if you only use it while you're going up and down the stairs. I use my wrap when I have to carry the stroller up and down stairs at the train station and on the bus. I have two little ones, so I can't just carry the stroller with the baby in it. I have to fold it up, carry it, and hold the older one's hand. Without my wrap, I'd go insane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM
You know, I was really thinking about doing that. Dh doesn't think I should buy another stroller but I really want to. I can always sell our baby jogger because it's in great condition.

Quoting polkaspots:

I travel with kids on public transportation too, so I know how hard it is. I really suggest finding a carrier you can use. Even if you only use it while you're going up and down the stairs. I use my wrap when I have to carry the stroller up and down stairs at the train station and on the bus. I have two little ones, so I can't just carry the stroller with the baby in it. I have to fold it up, carry it, and hold the older one's hand. Without my wrap, I'd go insane.

jessicaaris
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I have never used it. Have you looked on the customer reviews from whichever website you are planning on buying it from?

polkaspots
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I have a big carriage, a normal sized stroller that came with my car seat and a small stroller. The easiest way for me is my medium sized stroller because it fits all of my stuff and my wrap so I can use my hands when I have to. I started out just using my wrap to wait for and get on the bus, but then I started leaving him in there longer as I got used to it. Now I can wear him for hours without a problem (he's over a year old) You could sell the stroller you have now, but your problem won't change. They simply don't make strollers light enough or easy enough to carry where it's not going to be a pain in the butt every day. Finding a way to make the whole process easier is your best bet.

Quoting Beauty91805:

You know, I was really thinking about doing that. Dh doesn't think I should buy another stroller but I really want to. I can always sell our baby jogger because it's in great condition.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Well I figured since this one is 11 pounds and has a carry strap that I'd be pretty good lol.

Quoting polkaspots:

I have a big carriage, a normal sized stroller that came with my car seat and a small stroller. The easiest way for me is my medium sized stroller because it fits all of my stuff and my wrap so I can use my hands when I have to. I started out just using my wrap to wait for and get on the bus, but then I started leaving him in there longer as I got used to it. Now I can wear him for hours without a problem (he's over a year old) You could sell the stroller you have now, but your problem won't change. They simply don't make strollers light enough or easy enough to carry where it's not going to be a pain in the butt every day. Finding a way to make the whole process easier is your best bet.

Quoting Beauty91805:

Quoting polkaspots:

Beauty91805
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Yes, it has great reviews. :-)

Quoting jessicaaris:

I have never used it. Have you looked on the customer reviews from whichever website you are planning on buying it from?

Nolanzo
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I have the same problem.. I take the bus and DD is only 7 weeks but 11 pounds already... my stroller is too damn big to fold up with one hand and pick up while I have her in the other and lug it on the bus. It's a huge pain.

I can't wear her due to my scoliosis... the way my spine is curved I'm in terrible pain after about 5 minutes, so wraps and slings are a no-good for me.

If you do end up liking it let me know! I have the Graco jogging stroller and I love it but its HUGE and heavy as hell.
Beauty91805
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Oh man, sorry :-(.

My son is 6 1/2 months and the last time I checked, 20 pounds lol. The stroller is almost 17 pounds and then the diaper bag. Ugh.

Quoting Nolanzo:

I have the same problem.. I take the bus and DD is only 7 weeks but 11 pounds already... my stroller is too damn big to fold up with one hand and pick up while I have her in the other and lug it on the bus. It's a huge pain.

I can't wear her due to my scoliosis... the way my spine is curved I'm in terrible pain after about 5 minutes, so wraps and slings are a no-good for me.

If you do end up liking it let me know! I have the Graco jogging stroller and I love it but its HUGE and heavy as hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)