Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

2 year checkup question

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

how much did your LO weigh at their 2 year check up?

dd is 23 months and going for her 2 year check up in a couple weeks and i'm worried she's underweight. every doctor appointment before this one they've told us shes OVERweight which i think is dumb but they weren't worried because she's at the "growing" stage. however i've been able to get her to stand on a scale a couple times and she's always between 23-25 lbs. most 2 year olds i've met weigh more in the 30 lb range. but she's short, she's still able to wear 12 month pants lol. i just don't want the doctor to be all "are you feeding this child?!" she eats constantly so i know she's getting what she needs but regardless i'm worried. i know every baby is different but i was just curious as to what your LOs weighed in at.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM

my fairly tall 2 year old (27 months) weighs 25.5lbs according to my scale and she's just shy of 36inches tall, my 3.75 year old is 41.5in tall and 33lbs. ODD was 30ish pounds (always been bigger) MDD was 22/23ish pounds (always been skinny) YDD was 23/24ish pounds (thin but not as tall and skinny as the middle one)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My DD was 23.5 lbs

My DS1 was 26lbs

My DS2 was 25lbs

abra
by Abra on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM

some of my kids were in the 10% for weight at 2 years and some of them were in the 90th%. I just kept feeding them healthy foods and didn't worry about it. :-)

jmaw89
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Dd will be two tmm I'm not sure her height but I know she's fairly tall, she's 26lbs soaking wet!
tyrelsmom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Both boys were 35 lbs+.
DD was 27 or 28, I think.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
At 23 months, Katie is 24-25 lbs. We havent been to her check up yet, and she hasnt gone to a doctor in about six months due to needing to switch doctors. I'm interested to see wjat they say, but from what I've seen, 23-27 lbs is the average for two year olds.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM
My dd will be 2 on the 18th and she's about 26 lbs. I can't take her for her checkup since we don't have insurance, and paying cash is just way too expensive. She's also about 31-32".
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Oldest is 14, so I can't remember, but she didn't hit 40 pounds to get out of the 5 point harness car seat (before the higher weight capacity seats were common to my knowledge) until first grade, so she was small.

My younger 2 are giants and weighed about 37 pounds when they turned 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:43 AM

My daughter was 22 lbs at her 2 year check up. My son was 31 lbs.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

To answer the specific question, one was 29 lbs 4 oz and 36" tall. The other was 29lbs and 34.5" tall. My pedi has always said it's not about how much they weigh and how tall they are, but it's more important that their percentiles are fairly close. As long as they are following the same curve, they are fine. My oldest son was always off the charts in percentile for both height and weight when he was up to 2 years old. Now he's tall and skinny. My youngest hasn't been quite as high on the charts, but his figures are close. He's about 50th percentile in height and weight and following a good curve. Their pedi said she wouldn't want to see one really low number and one really high number or the numbers be way up one visit and way down the next, no extreme changes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN