Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

can i vent please

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 30 Replies
So I have been putting apps in since my lil guy was four months, no luck 15 apps later. So my friend puts one app in and gets the job same day as her interview. Well texted her today and she quit it after her shift today. She worked one week and decided she didn't like old people. She was a diet aid at a nursing home. Makes me so mad iI been putting in tons of apps to be turned down and she just quits her job for such a reason.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM

((hugs)) 

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Thanks I'm bout in tears

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) 

abra
by Abra on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

My husband is a med student and he works and has worked at nursing homes for years. It probably wasn't what she expected. They are notoriously depressing, smelly and really hard work. With dietary aid, you are mostly working with flavorless, microwaved purees. 

Still, I understand your frustration. Hang in there! 

Quoting SaraSnider:

Thanks I'm bout in tears

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) 

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Ya my sisters work as cna's one works with the ones that are on deaths door and other works with the kids.

Quoting abra:

My husband is a med student and he works and has worked at nursing homes for years. It probably wasn't what she expected. They are notoriously depressing, smelly and really hard work. With dietary aid, you are mostly working with flavorless, microwaved purees. 

Quoting SaraSnider:

Thanks I'm bout in tears

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) 

Zazayam
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I'm sorry :(

Don't be mad at your friend though, it's unrelated.

Wishing you lots of luck on your search!

abra
by Abra on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

DH worked as a CNA and now he (doesn't prescribe but) helps them take their meds. It is hard work but it definitely  needs more kind people who care for folks. 

Quoting SaraSnider:

Ya my sisters work as cna's one works with the ones that are on deaths door and other works with the kids.

Quoting abra:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Thanks I'm bout in tears

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) 

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

lauratupper
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM
(((hugs)))
SaraSnider
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
im not mad at her, mad at how she tells me about it knowing im in desprate need of a job. Thank you i need it.

Quoting Zazayam:

I'm sorry :(

Don't be mad at your friend though, it's unrelated.

Wishing you lots of luck on your search!

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Im so glad that my sisters are cnas because i know those people are getting great loving care when they are working. I wish i could become one but mistakes in my past have caught up to me and smacked me in the face.

Quoting abra:

DH worked as a CNA and now he (doesn't prescribe but) helps them take their meds. It is hard work but it definitely  needs more kind people who care for folks. 

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting abra:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Thanks I'm bout in tears

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) 

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM
thanks

Quoting lauratupper:

(((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN