Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish time could stand still until I was ready to move on *sappy moment warning*

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm having one of those bittersweet moments where I just don't want my baby to grow up. She'll be 4 years old this summer and time has just flown by. We had a rough start when I had severe PPD after her birth. I didn't feel a real connection with her until after she was 1 years old. Now that I'm feeling better and more like myself, I'm realizing all the things she has taught me in life and how much love I am really capable of loving someone. I know what true love really feels like now. I've come to accept the things that once bothered me. It used to irritate me when she needed me to come in and lay with her until she fell asleep at night, even if it took 2 or 3 times a night. It used to be an inconvenience for me when I had to stop what I was doing to go lay with her in her bed because she was scared of thunderstorms. I've learned to embrace this time with her and really love the bonding. It's not only these times, but others as well. She needs me and wants me. She wants to feel loved and safe. I have to be there for her. I'm doing everything opposite of what my mother did with me and it makes me feel so good to have such a strong loving connection with my daughter. I'm going to miss her innocence. I'm going to miss her sweet smiles & laughs just out of pure fun and no worries. The only thing I can do is try to raise a caring, loving and strong person. I just hope she'll feel that she can always come home to me. I will never leave her. If you read this all the way through, thanks because I just had to let it out...

Birthday

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
schultzal
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I know exactly how you feel. You're a great mother, and your daughter will grow up to be an incredible woman, I'm sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM

thanks so much!

Quoting schultzal:

I know exactly how you feel. You're a great mother, and your daughter will grow up to be an incredible woman, I'm sure.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM

((Hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)