Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I give my 11 months old Gatorade?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 24 Replies
We haven't been able to find ANY juice that she likes. I tried watering it down, I tried not watering it down. I tried mixing flavors.... She spit it all out. But this morning I was drinking a Gatorade and she walked up wanting some so I gave her a little sip and she Loved it! She kept wanting more and more sips. I know it was sugar in it but so does every other juice. And it has electrolytes and all that other good stuff. So I'm guessing it's fine to give her some in her sippy? Especially if I water it down some? BTW she has been exclusively bf since birth, but she's been eating some solids for a couple months and drinks water from a sippy. Gonna start her on cow's milk in a couple weeks.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrimsonGrace
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
It won't hurt her to have some as a treat, but why push juice so much? Give her water. If you just want her to have something different than plain water, add some fruit to it to add flavor.
bubblemama2164
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I dont see a real problem with it i use to give it to my son around that age i always watered it down though just to give him the flavor of it.

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

norahsmommy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Kids don't need juice. If she doesn't like it, don't push it and be thankful. Milk( formula, breastmilk, introducing cow or goat milk) and water are fine. Gatorade should not be given to her as a drink unless she is vomiting a ton and needs help replacing her electrolytes. Maybe a sip now and then if you have some, but don't give it to her in a cup.
MrzHelloKitty

If she likes it let her have it or try mixing it with some juice and water.

twogirl91

Why not just give her water? Juice is bad enough for you, but gatorade if you drink to much it can't cause an Electrolyte in balance. 

geekymom08
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I agree with flavoring the water with fruit. Its much better for the child.

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I would say if its more water then not a problem.
supercarp
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM

It won't hurt her much, but water is better. Her little teeth will rot with that sugar sitting on them.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Juice and cow's milk not really necessary if she's getting water and breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilou
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I used to give a little Gatorade here and there to my kids until I found out that they put FLAME RETARDANTS in them!!! I will never buy one ever again! You can google it, gross!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)