Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What stroller to get?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi! I'm due in October. We are getting ready for baby's arrival. In your experience, what's the best stroller to get?
Some of them I find very expensive and others look really cheap. I would love to hear which one works for you and why. Thanks!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
k9l1c5
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I got a travel system with dd and got an evenflo one... I wish I had gotten something else though. I don't mind her stroller but didn't really like her carseat that much.

polkaspots
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I bought a graco travel system with my second kid. I bought a smaller stroller because I take public transportation a lot and I thought it would be easier. It's not, it's actually a pain in the butt to push if the kid is sitting upright. I like the normal sized strollers better than those compact ones because they last longer and are easier to push.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rjmac88
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I got a big travel system with my first and honestly it wasn't worth it. I now have a medium sized stroller. Like a mix between an umbrella and a big one. And I LOVE it. I can fit the diaper bag in the basket but the stroller itself is very small.
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My personal top things to look for were:

-Flat recline. Not only is this good for babies who might fall asleep but when out on a long trip it's better for me to change them in their stroller then finding a spot to change them. I don't and won't do public rest rooms.

-Pivoting tray: I wanted a pivoting tray because we babywear most of the time so when we take the big stroller out it is usually a place where baby will be in and out and up and down and with the tray they can get in themselves when they're old enough rather then me putting it on and off or lifting them every 2 minutes.

-Big Basket: I wanted something with enough storage for a big diaper bag because we use cloth and skipping the diaper bag isn't an option.

-One hand standing fold: I wanted that so I could grab the little one put them in the car and fold the stroller keeping it out of the way until I could put it in the car.

I initally bought a Graco FastAction Fold stroller because it was really inexpensive but had everything I wanted and I just returned it and bought the Chicco Cortina which also had everything while also making our car seat a travel system since we have a KeyFit infant carrier, which is IMO the BEST infant carrier out there!

LoriAnn87
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I have the evenflow journey travel system and i love it because the infant seat and stroller are not heavey at all.

emkirkley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I had a graco quattro tour plus travel system, I loved the car seat and the stroller--the stroller could lay flat and you could fold the "foot" area up to create a bassinet, the car seat could snap into it and would hold up to 50lbs (not that I needed it, but my SIL sure would have, she has giant kids), it had several recline positions to use from needing to lay flat, to being propped as an older newborn to sitting fully upright as an older infant/toddler, had a huge basket, a nice area for parental stuff and was very easy to push/had front shocks and lockable wheels for when in gravel at the ball park/craft fairs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)