Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you start with a convertible or infant car seat?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 63 Replies

driving

Are there any specific brands you really like?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I've only had one LO so far ai started with the chicco key fit 30 I liked it, idk yet what I will be doing with my next.
abra
by Abra on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
infant. I like graco.
CatFishMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I had a convertible seat that starts at five pounds but to me it didnt recline anywhere near enough to put a newborn in it. I much preferred the infant seat until I felt my boys were too big for it-whether that meant literally height and weight too big or simply capable of sitting up and generally big enough-and then moved them into the rear facing convertible seat.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Convertible.
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

With my last we just started with a convertible(MyRide) and he is still in at 16 months. 

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I always started with infant seats, because I liked that they were carriers also. I'm not really brand specific :)

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I started with buckets/infant seats for all my children--but all my kids are tall and I learned the hard way that if you have tall kids, they often outgrow the cheaper 22lb seats way too soon and aren't ready to sit up in high chairs at dinner yet.

I had a graco SS1 (now Snugride30/32) with our second two--they could have stillfit at 18mos-2 years old if we had needed/wanted them to.  We switched MDD to a convertible at 6 months (she hated the car--still does at 3.5 to some extent, but she has SPD) we left YDD in the bucket (didn't carry it around just used it like you would a convertible) until she was 15 months and then we bought a convertible for her when we found a good deal and we were going on vacation 12 hours away.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Infant. Oldest two were in an Evenflo, younger two a Safety 1st. My third I was going to start with the Scenera but she came out a 6.5 lber and was too short. So DH made a last minute Walmart run.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I'm trying to avoid infant but baby will be born in winter. I'll be going cheap, Safety 1st Comfy Carry, if I get one. It's affordable and lightweight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kels1023
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Britax B-safe.

It's a little spendy but well worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)