Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gagging herself!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

yesterday Lilly was laying in bed with my mom, she was playing but about 5 minutes later my moms yelling that Lilly just puked so i gave her a bath. then after out walk she was getting a bath before bed well she was laying on the floor while i was getting her bath ready. when i picked her up she had her hands in her mouth, when i put her in she puked everywhere in the tub. :/ well i laid her down and got on the computer, she was in the middle of our bed, i have it where she cant roll off since she started rolling today. well about 10 minutes later i hear this bone chilling scream, i though for sure she rolled off the bed. but NO, she gagged herself and was covered hand to toe in puke! it was everywhere in her ears, hair, and even her diaper!

i have no clue has to why she sticks her hand that far in her mouth is scary!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Unfortunately it's normal. Dd never puked, but she did go through a phase where she constantly gagged herself. We tried to keep her hands busy with toys and pretty much just let her figure it out herself lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lillysmommy0113
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
:/ im glad its normal, but its been 3 times that she puked from doing it! She use to puke like this when she was first born but it was becaue reflux and cow milk allergy. She stopped at 4 months. So i dont like this! I thought we was done with the puke. I try to keep her hands busy with toys but she drops them and likes to chew her hands more then a toy.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Unfortunately it's normal. Dd never puked, but she did go through a phase where she constantly gagged herself. We tried to keep her hands busy with toys and pretty much just let her figure it out herself lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM

It's normal but unfortunate and my DD used to do it. She grew out of it

brittybby2010
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM

My DD did this as well. I kept her busy with her toys. She's grown out of it.

polkaspots
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Unfortunately it's normal. Ds still does it sometimes too. Distraction is the best way to stop it. Handing her something to play with will occupy her hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lillysmommy0113
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

i try and she plays with it for like 30 seconds then drops it and starts chewing her hands again. if tried giving the toy back, she didnt want it, so i tried and new toy and shell take it for a little bit then want a new toy. UGH! she gets bored with her toys easily.

Quoting polkaspots:

Unfortunately it's normal. Ds still does it sometimes too. Distraction is the best way to stop it. Handing her something to play with will occupy her hands.

polkaspots
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Chewing on the hands is normal and okay. You only have to stop her when she's actually harming herself by shoving her fingers too far back or trying to fit her whole hand in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)