Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's better with your baby your mom or MIL?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 97 Replies

Who's better with your baby your mom or MIL?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulu9209479
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM
My mother by far. She does things the way I want. My mil doesn't. There's a reason my in laws don't baby sit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM

They are both different, but good. My mom came out for a visit after I had my second son and she was taking care of my 18month old the whole time, she was great with him. When on walks, took him outsides, gave him extra long bathes. My MIL came out two weeks later and took him to Children's Museum, did side walk calk, took him on walks, finger paint. He adored both of them. I'm usually more comfortable with my mom since she does things the way I remember her doing with me, but my MIL is great with him. 

IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Hands down my mom. My MIL doesn't deal well with the triplets.
lovelyladybump
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:38 AM
MIL.
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
If my mom wasn't a paraplegic I'd say her. I dislike the way my mil thinks things should be done.
lauratupper
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM

my mom, but I think it's only because she see him more and knows him better than mil.

SadiasMomma
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
So far neither lol but that's because hes only a month old and he strongly prefers me right now. But they were both great with DD who's 6. MIL is very set in her ways but I'm vocal about what's acceptable with my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
My mom. She is the only one I will leave my daughter with.
LMEMomma05
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
My Mom, but she also knows how I like things when it comes to ds, but my mil has disabilities so she's very limited in general what she can do with him.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM

My mother. Most definitely my mother! One way to tell is that we moved an ocean away a year and a half ago and haven't been back to visit. The people they cried about leaving were all on my side of the family and a year and a half later they still get sad when they think about my mom and dad (Grammy and Papa). My mom also has the same values and way of raising kids as I do and she's great with kids in general. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)