Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My 7 month old DD is fighting sleep bad! Help!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

Her usual bedtime routine is dinner, a walk around the park, cuddles, a diaper change, then she's rocked to sleep. Sometimes needs her pacifier to help her, but usually there's no issues. For the past week, though, she's been fighting bedtime to the bone. She begins falling asleep, and right before she goes to sleep, she either pulls her pacifier out or wriggles then screams. A scream that would fit perfectly into a horror movie. I try giving her the pacifier and she screams louder. She has her two bottom teeth coming in, but even after tylenol and orajel, she screams. I end up either driving her around for a bit, or (like right now), we sit and watch Team Umizoomi until she knocks out in my arms. During either of these activities, she doesn't cry. Just knocks out. Help! 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM
My dd is 9 mos and has been through many stages like this.., they eventually get through what's troubling them and go back to normal! Just wait it out mama, shell be back to normal soon!
brittybby2010
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'm trying! She's possibly falling asleep now...some people say to let her just cry it out, but that's not how I'm raising her! Maybe when she's older, but not now. 

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Sounds like a stage. My DS2 won't go to sleep at night unless I'm nursing him. If I'm not home he has no issues going to bed for who ever is watching him but if I'm there he has to nurse.
abra
by Abra on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM

You'll have to wait until the teething gets better. Sorry! My son is teething right now, too, so we aren't sleeping much. But it won't last forever! 

merryvoice
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My 11 month old has been like that for awhile now. She will do anything and everything to not fall asleep. I will drive her around but then she wakes up as soon as I take her out of the car seat. I started a new routine. When she starts rubbing her eyes and getting cranky, I take her to the bedroom and cradle her in my arms with a bottle. I do this at the same time every night, so it starts becoming routine. I turn off the lights except a night light, no TV, no toys, no fun...close my eyes and show her that it's quiet time, not play time.

She still fights quite a bit, but I just let her cry and squirm until she knocks herself out. Eventually they get too tired to fight, and that's all I can o but it works. Just keep up with the routine and they'll get it.

<3Mary Catherine<3

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Teething really messes with a baby's sleep!

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM
That's for sure!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Teething really messes with a baby's sleep!

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Idk. I still nurse my 16 month old to sleep most nights. He's been liking his night time cuddles with Daddy more though recently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Hang in there! It will get better :-)
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I'm no help. I did CIO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)