Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when did your baby 'outgrow' colic?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've heard 12 weeks is the magic number, mine is 11 weeks tomorrow so I sure hope so!!!
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twogirl91
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
My oldest magically stopped screaming all the time at 12 weeks. We tried everything, gas drops, I already couldn't have diary or gluten and tried cutting out soy. But yep....12 weeks on the dot he turned into a happy baby.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

It's not something I allowed them to 'outgrow'. I dealt with it by taking them to a chiropractor and the crying stopped immediately.

starbuckadama
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
My son had it really bad for 6 months. His pedi tried every medication she could think of, I tried CIO, I tried constantly holding him, changed formulas 5 times. Nothing worked. He gradually outgrew it starting around 6 months. By 8 months he was a happy baby.
angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I honestly don't even remember. We started using a moby wrap when he started acting colicy at night. That helped us.

babygomez
by April on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Neither of my two children ever experienced colic.

Bump.

bubblemama2164
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Neither of my kids had colic but my 2 neices did they outgrew it by age 3 months

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

abra
by Abra on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

This is what I do, too. Colic isn't really a condition so much as what doctors diagnose when they don't know what is wrong. You might want to look into taking baby to a naturopath or chiropractor to see if they can figure out why baby is crying. ((hugs)) Best of luck to you! 

Quoting Randi02:

It's not something I allowed them to 'outgrow'. I dealt with it by taking them to a chiropractor and the crying stopped immediately.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Is your baby getting formula or breastmilk?
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
My dd never had it. I had it as an infant, but it was actually a severe dairy and soy allergy. Colic is just the term doctors use when they don't actually know what's wrong, which seems to be a common issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM

6 or 7 weeks (which is how I knew it was colic), but then mine slept in her carseat until 4 months in order keep the reflux at bay.

The all day for no reason crying ended at about 6 weeks though.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN