Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Feeling like a horrible mom

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm feeling absolutly horrible. My daughter is 4 months old. Has been extremely fussy and we just spent the night at my parents where her schedule was just messed all up. Hardly slept and had to put her down and walk away with SO there and leave the house. I couldn't console her in the 2 hours that I tried and I feel horrible that I was to the point of having to leave. I know that's the best and I would never harm her. Feeling overwhelmed

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmommy1257
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Breath. Massage her tummy and see if maybe it's a little gas, sing to her (even if your voice is like mine and nails on a chalkboard) Give her a little tylenol incase she's teething what ever you do just relax. They feel you being tense and upset and they react from it the best thing for you to do is to relax. Take and nice warm bath with her and hold her in your arms in the water, its the best feeling in the world for them. Not only with the warm water help with her fussyness but it helps your nerves too

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM

This is motherhood, and I promise you the unhappy times will pass!

Once you have done all you could think to do, it's time to move her on to someone else. You're right for leaving her for a while, never feel like a lesser parent for something like that.

sadiebug1228
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I have to do that sometimes too. If I walk away and go outside for a few minutes and clear my head it usually helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Quoting Dragonmamas:

Once you have done all you could think to do, it's time to move her on to someone else. You're right for leaving her for a while, never feel like a lesser parent for something like that.

angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I completely agree with this. Babies can sense when you're stressed!

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

jennj76569
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM

YES i too have been there a lil break and some fresh air will do wonders for you... IT WILL GET EASIER AND YOU WILL GET STRONGER , dont rush it and expect a miracle overnight.... It will happen and whenever you need a break DO NOT FEEL GUILTY it may be whats best for everyone..... MY KID CRIED ALL THE TIME hes 7mos old and he is MANAGEABLE now but he still has fits and is very fussy you will learn what will help and what works for you and him as the days go by just be patient.... GOOD LUCK HUN.

abra
by Abra on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

((hugs)) 

newmom218
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Thank you ladies. She is definitly fighting a bug. Fever of 100 and just not herself. My heart breaks but I hit my breaking pont. And I know that babies sense stress so that's why I always try to take a moment or discuss serious issues in front of her that might get heated. I thank you for your support and knowing that we've all been there and got thru it helps!!!

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I have to do this myself still and she's 9 mos. sometimes she just gets soo fussy I just can't take it and I make sure she's safe and let her be for a bit so we can both recollect
alandou
by April on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I think most all of us have been in that situation before where we feel extremely overwhelmed. I know I've been there many more times that I would have liked. Dealing with PPD and dealing with my dh who didn't have much patience, it was really hard. It's a really good thing to get some fresh air and get yourself together again. It was so very hard for me to learn patience. I had to keep reminding myself that I had to try not to be so upset over little things and take deep breaths and realize that it probably wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, what ever the situation was. Babies can sense our feelings and if you're stressed and tense, they can pick up on that and probably make them feel uncomfortable. The previous replies have some great advice. It does get better and you will learn how to deal with things in better ways. It's just kind of hard at first when everything is brand new. Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world, but also the hardest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN