Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Am I too young?~Update~

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Is 22 too young to get your tubes tied?

Options:

Yes way too young.

No not at all

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

To get my tubes tied after I have this baby? I'm 21 at the moment and will be 22 when this one is born. I have a doctors appointment on the tenth and will ask my doctor then but I just wanted to talk to other moms about this. Did any of you get your tubes tied? Do you regret it? Any advice?

~~Thank you ladies for your thoughts, suggestions and support. Dh and I have talked about this for hours and have come to the conclusion that I should hold off on getting my tubes tied until we're both sure we're done having kids. I'm pretty sure I'm done but dh isn't and until we're both 100% sure it's the right thing to do it won't happen. Thank you again ladies you've helped more than you know!~~
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't at your age, especially after only two children. You have so many more years of child bearing. Shit happens. You might change your mind and want a third in a couple of years and going about getting pregnant after a reversal is expensive, mentally exhausting and even painful.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Possibly too young. Most drs wont until you're about 25. But if you are 100% postive about wanting it all you can do is talk to your dr and see if they will do it. Or get a long term birth control til you're old enough.
shajdinyak
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
If you are irresponsible, not taking care of your children, having children by different men, don't have a job, collect welfare, get them tied!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

sorry but 22 years old is just way too young. I don't know of any dr that would even agree to it at your age. and honestly, you never know what the future will bring. you could change your mind and decide you want more children later on. I have known a few women who got their tubes tied when they were in their mid-late 20s. every single one of them later on regretted it. I personally would not do it or even consider it at that age.

To_the_moon
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quoting shajdinyak:

If you are irresponsible, not taking care of your children, having children by different men, don't have a job, collect welfare, get them tied!

I'm a stay at home mom going to school, both my babies have the same dad that I'm married to and I spoil my dd rotten.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
shajdinyak
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM
That's good! I had a certain person in mind that was made to have her tubes tied at that age!

Quoting To_the_moon:

Quoting shajdinyak:

I'm a stay at home mom going to school, both my babies have the same dad that I'm married to and I spoil my dd rotten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my tubes tied when I was 36, I don't regret my choice. Some drs may not do a tubal with someone your age. But it never hurts to ask and get all of the info. I was 24 after my middle son was born and I swore up and down that I was done having kids. I'm glad that I waited (on a tubal) cuz if I had done it so young then I wouldn't have been able to have my youngest. I waited almost 11 years to have my last child but am glad that I had the option.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

There are so many forms of birth control out there. I have an IUD that will last for 10 years. I would only tie my tubes if it was my only option.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM
My mom had her tubes tied after I was born when she was 22. I was her third baby and she was certain she didn't want any more. She wishes she never had it done. She divorced my father soon after I was born (he was very abusive) and married my step father and wanted so badly to have a another baby, but the whole process of making that happen was just too much.
It's your choice mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I guess if you're certain, go for it.
I'm 32 and pregnant with my 4th and although I'm done, I can't bring myself to get a tubal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)