Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Gender neutral clothing sigh!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 22 Replies
So this baby is a surprise I'm due march1st but my babies all come a month early! Well this baby is a surprise and I've just been browsing when I'm out and about to see if I will at all be able to get gender neutral clothing and it seems almost impossible!! I found a green frog hooded towel that's it! Any advice!?
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charley31
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I know how you feel! I personally could never wait to find out the babys gender but ive been to a lot of baby showers where it was a surprise. I found it impossible for clothes. So I would get ppl a frog bath tub haha. Its soo hard to find neutral clothes. My sister said she found a better selection at target. Sorry im not much help.
meg0620
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I never had any problems finding gender neutral clothing. I have a lot for my son just because it took a while to figure out if he was a boy or girl lol
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you would have more luck online? I haven't shopped for baby clothes in a while and if I did I knew the gender. Good luck!

starbuckadama
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Yellow things?
hayvensmommy07
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Gymboree has some gender neutral clothes. I picked up a lil white onsie with a blue elephant with pink ears lol i figure, boy wear blue pants, girl pink pants and the onsie goes either way. I was gonna pick up ywo but they only had one at the time. Im only 8weeks and twins are due feb. 5 bit we are finding out the sexes when its tine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm425
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We went through that a bit too but there are definitely gender neutral clothes out there..though many not as cute as the gender specific ones but yeah we have lots of duck and froggie stuff. lol :) Even some disney stuff like Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. Good luck! Hope you find some cute things soon.

Nickie76
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

LOVED orange!

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

keep looking, it's out there, we had lots of GN onsies and footed sleepers for our girls even though we knew they were girls

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just get the minimalist, some white onsies (maybe tie dye them?!) and a few neutral sleepers and then go on a spree when baby comes!

xixCandyxix
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Well you'll get stuck with lots of yellow & mint green clothes, then! I think a really pale baby blue looks great on either gender & maybe a sailor suit for a baby boy would also look good on a girl, just don't get the dress kind...

Don't forget the simple colors like grey, brown, black, tan, white...

To be honest I'd pick ONE super cute boy and ONE super cute girl outfit for coming home from the hospital. Just keep the receipt & return the other... Or make up a savings fund for the baby clothes and send someone out to do the shopping once the baby is born? Like make a registry of the things you like to make it easier... One boy list and one girl list...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)