Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Limos and carseats

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
We are on vacation with my inlaws and my dh parked the car where he works at and got a ride to the airport (I came earlier with our dd). When we get home, he said that we are going to get a limo to take us back to where the car is. Do limos have seatbelts in them? I didn't think they had to as I thought they were like busses and were exempt. It they don't have seatbelts that will safely hold our dd's carseat securely, there is no way that I'm going to have her, nor I, ride in it. She is 2 yo and is still rf.
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallenstars
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Call the company and ask. I have no clue or Maybe use Google? I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quoting fallenstars:

I don't know the name of the limo company. It would just be one that's around the airport. I did google it and some said yes and some said no. I'm confused.
fallenstars
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Ask your hubby then tell him you want to double check.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting fallenstars:

I don't know the name of the limo company. It would just be one that's around the airport. I did google it and some said yes and some said no. I'm confused.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Tell him to find out. If you wait too long and the. Find out you'll be screwed out of the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I just seen they are exempt in having to use a seat belt but still don't know. It also said as well as city taxis are exempt from having to use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Just found it but stupid phone won't let me copy and paste the URL for some reason. But majority of limos don't have seat belts. Like 98% of them don't have them. So my guess would be no it won't have seat belts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quoting fallenstars:

Just found it but stupid phone won't let me copy and paste the URL for some reason. But majority of limos don't have seat belts. Like 98% of them don't have them. So my guess would be no it won't have seat belts.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm going to talk to my dh and let him know. I hope we can get a taxi/cab then and hope they have seatbelts in there too. Otherwise I'm going to just wait until be comes back with the car. He won't like it, but better safe than sorry.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting polkaspots:

Tell him to find out. If you wait too long and the. Find out you'll be screwed out of the money.

I'm not sure if we will pay before or after we get the limo. I'm going to have him find out.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I thought they did, but I'd call the company and ask them about their specific limos. Seems like the most secure way to know for sure and the fastest.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM
At least some do cause my sister got married when ds was 2 so we buckled his carseat into the limo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)