Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

any thoughts please? advice for a new mom

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
So I felt my son and he was slightly damp on his backside. This was an hour or so after eating and right now since he is still so new, one month this past may 25, and I'm trying to be on his schedule I knew he has like a good two hours to go if he stays comfy. So my question is when this occurs if he's not like soaked through should I wake him and change him or let him sleep in? Thanks from a brand new mom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't change my daughter at night unless she has pooped or she wakes up. I do not wake a sleeping baby without very good reason! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:18 AM
My daughter is 8 weeks. I have had to wake her to change her a few time because she leaked through. I just figure I wouldn't want to sleep like that. But she also goes back to sleep very easily.
Blue_Spiral
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Let him sleep unless it is really really full.

Change him when he is awake. It's okay to wait a bit, especially if it's just pee.

kimjenkins17
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies. Great reassurance!
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Let him sleep mama. Unless his whole outfit is wet leave him be.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
brittany208
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

if it doesnt bother him, it doesnt bother me. During the night, i usually just change DS's diaper when he wakes up to eat, and I don't check it otherwise.

wolfybaby
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

i would change him. staying in a wet diaper [especially one that is soaking wet] is a breeding ground for moisture rashes. i changed my daughter at night during nursings and never let her go through the day with a soggy diaper. she has never had a rash.

it sounds like its time to move up a diaper size for night time!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM

agreed

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Let him sleep unless it is really really full.

Change him when he is awake. It's okay to wait a bit, especially if it's just pee.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Let him sleep. Put a good barrier cream on him before you put him down so he doesn't get a rash though since you won't be changing him
angiejones256
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM

i always changed my little boys at night when they woke up for there bottles but there now 1 and a half and 7m they both sleep through the night now so i dont wake em and worry about changing them as much and plus i buy those night diapears there amazing at night even those parents chioce they work just fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN