Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Can't stand my SO's dad

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 15 Replies
Uggh so I'm sure this sounds petty to most.. But I need to vent. So dd (5) was at SOs parents all weekend and they dropped her off tonight and SOs dad says to my dd before he left- "ok Chloe no more crying next time, ok"! So I asked what was she crying about? He didn't answer. Apparently there was a few things she was whiny about, like picking out her own kind of sub. Which her aunt who is 11 (their daughter) was trying to do for her! Like ok i get it, she just wanted to have her say in what she was gonna eat! She's no a baby, she should have the right to pick
What she want s to eat! And 5 yr olds do whine especially when tired. So please don't tell my dd not to cry! Crying is a natural thing. Kids cry, deal with it!!!!! And stop acting like your daughter is an angel just cuz she never has tonask for anything and always gets what she wants automatically!!!! She's adopted from Russia (the 11'yr old aunt) and they spoil the crap outta her. And act like she can do no wrong. So when my dd acts up the slightest then she's the devil child!!! Uhhh.,, thanks for listening, sorry rant over!!!
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Bump!
lauratupper
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

(((hugs)))

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I hate people like that hugs

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm not sure I would let her go back over there again if that's how they feel about her, and treat her.
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I know! Thats What i think too. But the sad part is that's the only family we have here. So I don't wanna isolate her. But ya I really would care less if they or HE wasn't in her life.. Jerk! Lol

Quoting Junebaby18:

I'm not sure I would let her go back over there again if that's how they feel about her, and treat her.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with your SO's dad. 5 is old enough to ask for what you want without whining. He didnt yell at her or tell her she was being a baby; he just asked her to be better behaved next time. My 4yo has been really whiny lately and it is seriously grating on our nerves.

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
This. Don't force your daughter to be put down like that. In this circumstance I kinda think whining over a sandwich is inappropriate but I'm guessing there is a lot more of this kinda crap going on with them. It will kill her self esteem. Especially if her mom is standing right there and doesn't step in, then she thinks what she did was really wrong.
If I were you I'd have said, hey, I'll handle her thank you. You just worry about yours. (I actually have to say something similar to this regularly to my mil)
I'd also try to talk to them about it, an not ask, TELL them they have no place reprimanding your daughter especially if you're standing right there.
If that doesn't work, don't let her around them anymore.

Quoting Junebaby18:

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Well kids cry.. It happens. She shouldn't feel like oh no if I cry I can't come over anymore that s not right

Quoting brittany208:

I agree with your SO's dad. 5 is old enough to ask for what you want without whining. He didnt yell at her or tell her she was being a baby; he just asked her to be better behaved next time. My 4yo has been really whiny lately and it is seriously grating on our nerves.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
It's not that she couldn't just pick her sub out,. That girl (her aunt that was trying to do it for her) always tries to dictate things. It's annoying- just cuz she wants to be in charge. So I understood how my dd felt, cuz she's always having to deal w that crap from her. It's not fair. And then when dd gets fed up with it and expresses it the way she knows how to (ya I admit she's not the most emotionally mature) I mean she's 5! Then she's reprimanded! It's ridiculous!

Quoting little.worthen:

This. Don't force your daughter to be put down like that. In this circumstance I kinda think whining over a sandwich is inappropriate but I'm guessing there is a lot more of this kinda crap going on with them. It will kill her self esteem. Especially if her mom is standing right there and doesn't step in, then she thinks what she did was really wrong.

If I were you I'd have said, hey, I'll handle her thank you. You just worry about yours. (I actually have to say something similar to this regularly to my mil)

I'd also try to talk to them about it, an not ask, TELL them they have no place reprimanding your daughter especially if you're standing right there.

Quoting Junebaby18:

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Yeah, like I said, I'd be putting them in their place. I would never let anyone talk to my kid like that, or let their kid treat mine that way. I don't care what the consequences are

Quoting harajukumoma:

It's not that she couldn't just pick her sub out,. That girl (her aunt that was trying to do it for her) always tries to dictate things. It's annoying- just cuz she wants to be in charge. So I understood how my dd felt, cuz she's always having to deal w that crap from her. It's not fair. And then when dd gets fed up with it and expresses it the way she knows how to (ya I admit she's not the most emotionally mature) I mean she's 5! Then she's reprimanded! It's ridiculous!

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting Junebaby18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)