Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i was your other half during ur labor?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

with our first labor it was kinda a strange story (long one) but for the short story he couldnt be there the whole time so i had my sister and my bestfriends family there but our second labor was a great adventure lol it takes 3 nights, the first night my MIL went into the hopsital. then later on i got small cramps so ididnt think anything the second night they got worse so i made the hubby drive me to the hospital they sent me home just said take it easy the 3rd night was the big one so glad i pack the bag b4 lol my husband was like ugh i dont think its time but ill take u again. so we get there, the contractions r getting really painful and closer so they go ahead and admit me throughout the night i look over at my hubby and what is he doing?.... snoring lol ugh i had to keep waking him up to help me with stuff. lol how was ur story?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband was up with me during the night for our first, so he kept falling asleep during my labor too, but for the most part he was a huge help.  He was at BCT during my 2nd labor so he missed it.  With my 3rd I was induced and he was amazing at helping me.  That was our last hospital birth. We had our next two babies at home and he was absolutely amazing with both of them.  Very involved and helpful for whatever I needed

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM
First baby's birth was a nightmare!
Second baby's was an amazing 3 hr birth with very supportive dh. he delivered him as the nurse was to slow and didn't believe Me.
raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:11 AM
My dh was working the night I went to the hospital with dd1. My friend stayed with me through the night. He came asap in the morning. He was in the delivery room tho! I was induced with my 2nd dd my mom and bff were with me. :) my neice is supposed to be in the room with me this time! Hahaha! She begged me.....so we'll see!
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I had my parents with me when my first was born, I was a single mom at that point. But by the second one I had dh with me the entire time. He might not be there this time though. He's considering going back into the army, so he might be away in November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennj76569
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

My mamma was in delivery room with me for all the agony of my first born her and my dad were the ones who took me to the hospital . i went into labor after picking my DRUNK 17 YEAR OLD Husband up from his buddies house and then he just came home and passed out as i screamed on the couch and called my parents... YES THAT IS Y HE IS MY EX .. well part of it.. My second ten years later i woke to a pop sound and wet pajamas my hubby drove me to ER AT 150 AM we called his stepmom and she showed up and stayed with me while he drove back to get our things and wake my parents then his mom and sis drove 6hours at 3am to make the delivery... He was the only one in delivery room bawling his eyes out...:) LOVE HIM AND HIS ENTIRE FAM

jennj76569
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM

pretty much exact same story..... SECOND birth was like really i could so do that again first birth was the very reason i waited ten years to build up the courage to go threw what i thought it was going to be..

Quoting littlecheifsmom:

First baby's birth was a nightmare!
Second baby's was an amazing 3 hr birth with very supportive dh. he delivered him as the nurse was to slow and didn't believe Me.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM
My first was a piece of cake my second I wanted to go all natural and I was induced on top of it! So my husband And my dr were watching discovery channel while I was in tears bouncing up and down on the bed in so much pain that I don't know what! Needless to say I was not pleased with either of them!
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Quoting jennj76569:

same here we waited 6 yrs
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
kristen0812
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
He was great with both our girls. The first was intense and we were young so it was awesome to have him be so supportive. The second was an emergency csection and held my hand and rubbed my head the entire time, it was extremely comforting considering that was the single scariest time in my life. My biggest fear was always having a csection and I honestly don't think I could've made it through that surgery without him. He was amazing through the birth of our girls and I love him even more for it!
mamoore83
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My hubby was in the room while I was laboring, he was dozing off and on, almost slept through delivery haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)