Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must haves.

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

What are your must haves for a newborn/baby? I googled it already but looking at the lists, I didnt use half of that crap when I had my daughter. On the other hand it has been 4 years since I had a baby at home, so I am a bit rusty as to what is needed. I have a little under 6 weeks till this kid gets here. I just want to make sure I have it all. 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Nursing bras
Car seat
Sling
Clothes
Recieving blankets
Diapers
Diaper bag
Sleeping space
Swing
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Burp cloths, a Boppy, receiving blankets, onesies, and gas drops.
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I got two boppies at my baby shower. I thought the happy dance was going to send me into labor lol. Im not worried about clothes. He already has more clothes than I do. His hanging shelf is full of clothing. plus I have two more bags I cant find a place for lol.

Quoting The_Doodle:

Burp cloths, a Boppy, receiving blankets, onesies, and gas drops.

polkaspots
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Big blankets that fit in the washing machine for lots of cuddle time. Giant water bottles. The stroller and a baby carrier(like a wrap). Diapers. I liked using the baby bath tub instead of the sink or the regular bath tub for the first few months, but its not a necessity. I had a crib, bassinet, playpen, and car seat too, but really only used the car seat and play pen with ds. Dd used the crib for two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm425
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

The Rock and Play was a lifesaver for us! The only thing DS would sleep in.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Water bottles?

We have close to 15 blankets, MIL got us a stroller. I am still shopping around for a sling that will be ok after my c section. No more space to store diapers. Reccomendations on bath tub? have a crap, sister is buying a bassinet, have the play pen from DD, just needs to be cleaned up, and my grandpa is getting the car seat. 

Quoting polkaspots:

Big blankets that fit in the washing machine for lots of cuddle time. Giant water bottles. The stroller and a baby carrier(like a wrap). Diapers. I liked using the baby bath tub instead of the sink or the regular bath tub for the first few months, but its not a necessity. I had a crib, bassinet, playpen, and car seat too, but really only used the car seat and play pen with ds. Dd used the crib for two years.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Sling or wrap, boppy pillow, nursing pads, carseat, nipple cream.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mamaslilbear10
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Boppy,car seat/travel system,burp cloths,crib,blankets(including receiving),diapers&wipes(obviously,lol),clothes,diaper bag,diaper cream,baby bath wash,baby powder,baby brush,crib sheets,breast pads,breast pump &milk storage bags(if breastfeeding),baby mitts(to cover sharp fingernails from clawing face),bottles,bottle bags,pacifier(if u use them),vaseline & gauze (for a boy if circumcised),pads(for you),baby tub,wash cloths,Formula(if formula feeding),baby bouncer(I'm getting one soon,my Lil boy will be 5wks Friday)
polkaspots
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM
When you have a vaginal birth it hurts to pee for a while if there's any tearing, drinking lots of water makes your pee weaker. Keeping yourself hydrated is always a good thing when recovering from childbirth though, and breastfeeding is thirsty work, especially in the warmer weather. I bought my tub from diapers.com, I don't remember what brand, it cost about $10 though. They're all basically the same thing, but I would avoid one with the thing that sticks up in the middle or one that expands. With my oldest I had one that got bigger in the middle and the one time I used it she had a red mark on her back from it.
On a side note, you have a generous family. I bought all of my own stuff.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Water bottles?

We have close to 15 blankets, MIL got us a stroller. I am still shopping around for a sling that will be ok after my c section. No more space to store diapers. Reccomendations on bath tub? have a crap, sister is buying a bassinet, have the play pen from DD, just needs to be cleaned up, and my grandpa is getting the car seat. 

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

They threw a baby shower with a bunch of rich people I dont know. lol. My grandpa has felt bad since he never got anything for my second and she passed away ( I told him not to feel bad, but he is old and stubborn ) He made me pick out something expensive so I am getting the car seat I dreamed about lol.  I am having another c section this time around. So I have been looking for a tub/sling that can go in the sink, I wont be able to do much bending for a while. I dont want a big plastic one because I remember with DD it was a pain in the ass.

Quoting polkaspots:

When you have a vaginal birth it hurts to pee for a while if there's any tearing, drinking lots of water makes your pee weaker. Keeping yourself hydrated is always a good thing when recovering from childbirth though, and breastfeeding is thirsty work, especially in the warmer weather. I bought my tub from diapers.com, I don't remember what brand, it cost about $10 though. They're all basically the same thing, but I would avoid one with the thing that sticks up in the middle or one that expands. With my oldest I had one that got bigger in the middle and the one time I used it she had a red mark on her back from it.
On a side note, you have a generous family. I bought all of my own stuff.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Water bottles?

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)