Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How much on average do you spend on groceries?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 40 Replies

How much do you spend on groceries? Either per trip or per month? And how many people in your family? How do you save money?

shopping

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I spend about $500 a month for my family of 5. It is ridiculous! But DH loves soda and he eats a lot, plus he packs his lunches for work so we have to have extra lunch stuff. I meal plan and make a list based on what I need for the meals, I also buy mostly generic stuff to lower the cost.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I spend 50/60 a week for my husband and I, the baby is still on bm. I look at the ads and base my meals on that and only get what's in my list. Also some stores generally are more expensive than others
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM
We spend about $250-300 per paycheck. My husband gets paid on the 1st and the 15th. We are a 7 person family but baby is breastfed.
schultzal
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Usually $100 per week, and that's just for my husband and I. My daughter doesn't eat many solids, yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I have two boys my youngest is still mostly on breastmilk, but we spend around $600 a month. The reason being me and my son have Celiac disease and so that means no gluten and we can't have diary, my husband eats like we do at home so he doesn't get things contaminated(my son kept getting sick and we found it was because my husband had bread and stuff in the house). If you buy gluten free it cost almost 3times as much and regular food. It's such a pain. :( 

mamakate1981
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I spend about 150.00/ week. But some weeks have been near 200.00. That includes ant household items and diapers and wipes. We have 2 adults and 3 kids-9,6,and 2 1/2. I have tried to cut cost,but then we go without what we need or run out of food. And coupons are usually not what we use/need.
mom_to_kenzie
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
About $550 a month (but that includes diapers cleaners laundry stuff and formula). So I guess it's probably like $450 a month. We're a family of 5 with our youngest barely eating (ds1 is 2 and ds is a month old)
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I spend around 400-ish for 6 people. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I used to do a LOT better, but I'm back on my soda kick and that stuff is a bit expensive.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM
100/ week for 4. Baby is breastfed so cheap. I buy mostly organic, coupon , etc.
kittyx4
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM

$400 a month for a family of 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)