Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby #2 & in laws :(

Posted by   + Show Post
My hubby & I have recently found out that we're pregnant with #2. We told my in laws tonight. It didn't go well. Our daughter is 15 months old & beautiful, sweet & perfect! In laws very rudely told us that it was too soon & that they didn't care about this baby because they had our first. I of course have cried all evening since the conversation, gotta love hormones. And my husband is disgusted with his parents. They watch our DD & we are planning to start checking into alternate child care because we don't want that kind of thing around our babies. I'm so broken hearted for our kids because grandparents should be a blessing not those so full if nastiness. Just needed a moment to vent. Thanks for letting me:).
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
jlm425
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I'm so sorry. Hope things get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM
I'm sorry Mama. That is awful. :/
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
That would be the LAST time they saw any of us. I don't put up with that crap. Sorry mama, sounds like you'd be better without them. Congrats on your pregnancy, don't let obnoxious hurtful people ruin it! ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:48 AM

((((hugs)))) I'm sorry to hear that ... but congrats on your pregnancy!

prieta05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Never depend on your family to help you in anything!!
why have enemies outside when you can have them inside the family.
Stay positive and take care only of the people who really care and love you.
me n DH have alot of family and ain't none of them in our lifes or our kids life for that same reason. People inside the family will stab you, turn your back on you, and talk about you.
ladodger
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I know now that grandma realizes she should have reacted differently. She tried to play dumb like she didn't realize we were telling her we were pregnant now. DH said well you made your opinion about it pretty clear. She has been trying to compensate. I'm home sick from work today & she came over to tell me she could watch DD. I told her absolutely not!
I'm trying really hard to stop being angry with her because that won't help me, DH or DD. But so far I'm not succeeding.
alandou
by April on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Oh no! That's so rude and nasty. Do they forget that you have control over who your daughter sees? And who takes care of her? Maybe it was just a shock and they need time to process it all. Hopefully things will turn around but for now, I wouldn't even take your daughter over there and I wouldn't have a problem telling them where to stick it. When it comes to my child, she's #1.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Ohh my in-laws were like this & my kids are 6 years apart! I stopped all contact. Hugs dear, I really hope they turn around. But I know your heartache all to well
ladodger
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Thanks all for the nice words & support.
ladodger
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I was just reading back over this. We now only have 8 weeks to go & they still NEVER ask about this baby or anything. They don't even know it's another girl! Such self centered awful people! We have changed child care. Out dd goes to a wonderful place now & it's even better then it was before!!! I wish we'd been this way all along!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)