Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Whens a good time to TTC again?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

So I have a 5 y/o and 10 month old and really want a boy. But I also need to go back and finish up school- but that'll be 4 yrs til I'm done! And I don't want an age gap that big again. What could I do?!!!

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Bump
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I think when the youngest is potty trained you can start trying that should give them approximately 3 years in between.It will be hard to get through school with 3 kids especially when one is a baby so I hope you think long and hard about your decision.

If it were me I would start trying my last year of college at the earliest.

Good luck.
Beebella
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Go back to school for a while and get some credits. Then take a break and try for another baby. Maybe aim for 2 years of school and get that out of the way. It's very hard to be in school when you have kids. I'm getting my masters now and I only have one kid and its extremely difficult to balance giving her my attention and giving school my full effort. I'm doing it and have been getting straight A's but its hard. I want another baby but won't TTC until I'm done with school next summer. I would love to have a boy too!
mysticatgal
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM
When you feel ready. My husband and I are trying once ds is about 10 months but don't want big age gaps. I know some will tell me that isn't enough time but I had an easy pregnancy and delivery so I feel it's right.
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Sounds like a good time frame. My siblings and I were 2 years apart and it was nice because we've always been close

Quoting DACIA79:

I think when the youngest is potty trained you can start trying that should give them approximately 3 years in between.

twogirl91
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Depends on what you want. No one can tell you when you should have another one. After I had my first we started trying again when he was 8months old and got pregnant right away. My boys are 17months apart and I love it! My husband is in the Navy and will be on sea duty for the next 3-4 years and I don't want to be pregnant while he's deployed on and off, so we are waiting until he has shore duty again to try for any more kids. You are the only one who can decide what's right for you! 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Quoting dreamarrow:

Its a good time frame and buying diapers for 2 babies is really expensive but school is going to be harder with a new baby if the oldest is in school and the next baby is in preschool then she only has more time free but it will take a awesome spouse and major time management to finish school.
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
They are so expensive, I have twins and I feel like all I do is buy diapers lol

Quoting DACIA79:

Quoting dreamarrow:

Its a good time frame and buying diapers for 2 babies is really expensive but school is going to be harder with a new baby if the oldest is in school and the next baby is in preschool then she only has more time free but it will take a awesome spouse and major time management to finish school.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Every family is different! I have an 8 month old and am TTC..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)