Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do you wish you knew BEFORE you had a baby?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 65 Replies

What do you wish you knew BEFORE you had a baby?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this

I wish I knew just how much more work it would be to go places like the grocery store.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM
How to breastfeed. All I can say is thank God for my aunt, who is a lactation consultant. Without her, a guarantee I would have given up with my first. Thankfully my aunt helped a ton and we made it to a year :).
PrincessGemini
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish I knew what circumcision really is. I had honestly never even heard of it before I had my oldest, and when the doctor asked me when (not if) I wanted him circumcised and told me of these supposed benefits and that it was a quick and painless procedure I consented. When I had my second child, another boy, I still hadn't done any research on it and so it only made sense to get him circumcised as well. It was when my youngest was ten months old that I learned how the procedure is really performed and what it really takes away. The foreskin is so much more than just a flap of skin, it has 16+ very important immunological and sexual functions. My biggest regret as a parent is getting them circumcised, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about what they went through and what I allowed to be taken from them.

atmsmom2011
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
That those cute babies turn into terrible toddlers lol Jk I wish I knew that it would forever affect my bladder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this
How hard it would be to lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atmsmom2011
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I only find that tough when they are tired or hungry

Quoting LuLuRex:

I wish I knew just how much more work it would be to go places like the grocery store.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Lol this too. I could go all night without peeing and most of the day. I hate road trips because I am always needing to stop and pee.

Quoting atmsmom2011:

That those cute babies turn into terrible toddlers lol Jk I wish I knew that it would forever affect my bladder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atmsmom2011
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I feel truly blessed they I didn't even have to deal w circumcision

Quoting PrincessGemini:

I wish I knew what circumcision really is. I had honestly never even heard of it before I had my oldest, and when the doctor asked me when (not if) I wanted him circumcised and told me of these supposed benefits and that it was a quick and painless procedure I consented. When I had my second child, another boy, I still hadn't done any research on it and so it only made sense to get him circumcised as well. It was when my youngest was ten months old that I learned how the procedure is really performed and what it really takes away. The foreskin is so much more than just a flap of skin, it has 16+ very important immunological and sexual functions. My biggest regret as a parent is getting them circumcised, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about what they went through and what I allowed to be taken from them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

this is a great question! cant think of anything though

the.warden
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Not to expect to be perfect everyday or not to expect a storybook delivery. I went into motherhood expecting it to be hard but I never thought it would be so heartbreakingly difficult.

When my first child was born I thought everything would go my way and my baby would come out happy, healthy, and quiet. Lol.
What I got was a sick baby that had to be in the hospital for months an a blood transfusion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)