Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

CRAZY mother inlaw..

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 15 Replies
My sort of mother in law was fine with me before I got pregnant, when she found out I was pregnant it was like high school. She was always saying mean things behind my back, like "she got pregnant on purpose" "the baby isnt your until you see his fingers and toes" and even told her son (my sons father) that she couldnt believe he was doing this to his other two children (from his previous marriage). After I had our son she was acting strange, one day would want to be all over him, one day not have anything to do with him, which I later found out to be because she felt guilty for spending so much time with my son and not being able to do the same with her other two grandchildren when they were this age. So, a few months after Colten was born I moved in with them and Coltens father, that was short lived. She came home drunk, locked me out of the house while my son was inside, which resulted in me calling the cops, (btw she thinks she is untouchable because her husband works for the sheriffs office) she called me names, then had the audacity to say my son wasnt her sons, and that shr now has two illegitamate grandchildren. (she doesnt think his daughter is his either) she only has a dna test on one (his first son) which is her favorite. Now after all this, is it wrong for me to not want her to be a part of my sons life, seeing now how she thinks of him? I dont trust her around him. Any advice on this situation would be appreciated. Also this is a shortened version of everything and its still long lol
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM

((((hugs))))

Some mils are just pitas. I'm sorry she's treating you and baby like this. What does your man say about all of this? Can't blame you for not wanting her to be alone with baby. I'm not sure what I can say ... hopefully in time she will change her ways, but if not your son will see her true colors.

kashamom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Yikes! I thank God everyday that I was blessed with an awesome MIL. I would not trust her with your son.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I would've cut all contact with her from the beginning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Ya I'm sorry that you are dealing with that bull$&@?- I have a crazy mil too. She won't say mean hurtful things like that but she plays stupid ass games, and puts guilt trips on people, so she's just nuts in a different way. Sorry Hun, ignore her, just try to avoid her- that's what I do!
Lovebugbaby
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The very first thing out his parents mouth when they found out I was pregnant was 'are you sure it's yours?' I've honestly never let that go. She's such a vindictive woman. And is GREAT at throwing herself a pitty party. 

I wouldn't hesitate to exclude her honestly. And I wouldn't start to think about bringing her back into his life until you can begin to trust her.

mommyziegler
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex mother in law was like that and especially after my husband died she started saying my kids weren't her sons and stopped talking to them and never wanted them around and so on and so on! She is the biggest bitch I know!! For those reasons and to get the hell away from her I packed everything up in feb and moved two states away!! Since the move she has NOT even spoken to my children or even tried to! Instead she is busy popping pills and being a waste of life! My father in law shot Himself in April because of my husband dying and he just couldn't live without him! My mil claims he shot himself because I took their only thing left of their son and moved 300miles away!! Which is false because my fil wanted to move here as well!! Since all the drama and drugs with my mil I have told her not to even try to contact my kids or me and at first she would do it behind my back when my kids were with their aunt and I flipped and put a stop it to and I said if you wanna call me THEIR MOTHER and be an adult you are more than welcome to talk to the kids!! She has called my mom and dad crying to them but they just hang up on her! My point is I'm standing my ground and protecting my children and if that's what you feel is right then stand your ground and you protect your child!
whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I'm sorry, hun. My MIL is psycho too. She'll treat me like dirt when DH and FIL aren't around them throw a pity party when i speak up to them.
brittany208
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

after she locked you out of the house--i dont blame you one bit. i wouldnt bring my children around her either

Lidaru
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
My main problem is I work and have asked my fiance to not take our son there unless he has to, but he still does everyday. Apparently she acted this way with his other children and ex wife, so its nothing new to him, but I cant seem to get across to him how much I really dont want her around my son.
pacificamom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Uhhhhhh you don't still live with them do you? I would leave all contact to your child to be addressed by your SO. Your family is now baby, his dad and you---drama bringing family needs to go through a filter....far away from you. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)