Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When you were a child, what were some things that...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
  • 56 Replies

When you were a kid, what were some things that your parents/family members let you do or what they did/didn't do that would be considered child endangerment in todays society? For example: leaving the car running with a kid in it while a parent goes into the store and the parent says "don't touch anything"...ha!

Birthday

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlm425
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Riding in the far back of a station wagon with no seat belts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uhura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Sitting in the car (as an older child) while my parents went into the store if I didn't really want to go in. I also was sick one time and my parents took me out of the house (because I'd been sick for several days) and let me sit in the car when they went into the store, just so I could get some fresh air and get out of the house. I personally appreciated that.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Blue_Spiral
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM
5 moms liked this

Since I was 3 I rode in the front seat with just the seatbelt.

Since I was 3-4 I ran all around my apartment complex by myself. 

Also, there is even more of an anti-kid, child-hating culture developing, and going places with your kids, even normal places like family restaurants, is considered "bothering" other people with your kids. It's kind of sick, in my opinion. Discriminating against an age group is discriminating against PEOPLE because we all were or could be that age at some point. Stupidity at its best.

But, I guess that's a bit off topic.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Sitting on my stepdad's lap in the driver seat driving around, not having a carseat after outgrowing an infant seat, sitting on peoples laps in the back seat unbuckled because there wasn't enough room. I'm sure there's more lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Riding on a motorcycle, in front of my dad on the seat.

Yikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

This, I was about 3 years old

Quoting schultzal:

Riding on a motorcycle, in front of my dad on the seat.

Yikes.

Lovebugbaby
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I remember sitting on my dads lap and driving once we hit the trailer park. He passed when I was 6, so I was probably 4-5?

i also remember laying in the back of a station wagon. We went on a trip and all the kids slept on the way there. Lol

jessicaaris
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM

We used to have a big van when I was a kid, but not the kind with back seats, it had to two front seats and was just open in the back. We used to ride around back there all the time, no seat belts or anything like that.

Kimbyann
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Or back of a truck

Quoting jlm425:

Riding in the far back of a station wagon with no seat belts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ammowife11
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Laying in the bed area above the driver's seat in a Winnebago from Tennessee to Texas when I was five. No seat belt...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)