Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are the bugs this bad where you live?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 41 Replies

I had posted last week about my daughter having these horrible reactions to bug bites. After we went to the doc and got some meds, it cleared up well. Now since Sunday evening, dd has lots more in her groin area. Mostly the panty line. We had bug spray on and were wearing pants. I got some bites around my groin area also. My mom was saying they were most likely chiggers. It just baffles me how we can both get bites clear up there when we had pants on. We've never had issues like this and now I feel like we can't enjoy our summer :( Are the bugs bad right now where you're at?

Birthday

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinakinakins
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Oh my, my home would be up in flames if bugs were biting my DD in her groin area. I'm currently dealing with roaches. I hate bugs.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I am in Arizona.

We have huge palo verde beetles and june bugs and cockroaches and cicadas.

They are freaking nasty.

Some are 2 inches wide and 3 inches long, no joke.

And every surface outside my apartment is covered with cicada shells. So gross.

november117
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
They are awful here in Ohio. My finger swelled up like a sausage from two bites. I almost had to go to er because my hand was starting to swell as well.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I hate bugs!

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

They aren't too bad here in CO. DH always gets eaten up my mosquitos and they pretty much leave me and the kids alone. We have some nasty looking spider webs on our back porch up my the roof eve but DH leaves them there because there are TONS of mosquitos stuck in there. But other than that no real problems. Could it possibly be something else? LIke a reaction to laundry soap or something like that? Seems kinda strange that its only in that area.

tekcrkark
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Ughh yes! I live in a small town in the woods and this year is worse then ever! I myself was bit by something recently and had a bad reactton to it! Stupid bugs! Even ticks are bad this year, Idk how many I have gotten out ta my husband, thankfully our daughter only had to and found them before they bit her!
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate roaches! Where i come from, roaches mean u have a nasty unkempt house. Well i found that inthe south, or atleast my last house, that is not true. They climbed up through the drains! The sink, dishwasher, tub. Nothing i did got rid of them. Since moving i still have nightmares about those damn things.

Quoting tinakinakins:

Oh my, my home would be up in flames if bugs were biting my DD in her groin area. I'm currently dealing with roaches. I hate bugs.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Mosquitos are awful in evening hours- can't even go out in the yard and enjoy the summer! Cuz you'll jut constantly be itching! I hate it! I've never heard of "chiggers " before- where r u from?
scoleman828
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never seen them but, I just recently moved to Oklahoma and when telling people where I was moving to, EVERYONE commented about chiggers. I did a little research and from what I've read, they will migrate to places such as the waistband of clothing to bite. what you're describing sounds just like what I read...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I had never heard of them either, before moving to Oklahoma.. Apparently, they're bad here. I've not yet seen any (but, from what I've read, they're tiny) or been bitten but we've only been here a month and the humidity is too much for me to stay outside too long. I grew up in the desert of NM. Lol

Quoting harajukumoma:

Mosquitos are awful in evening hours- can't even go out in the yard and enjoy the summer! Cuz you'll jut constantly be itching! I hate it! I've never heard of "chiggers " before- where r u from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)