Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: My baby seems to like crawling at home instead of at the park......

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

My baby seems to like being with me more than going other places, like other babies would. Shes 8 months old, and I don't stay with her the whole time. But when we go to a park, she never looks around, she just stays with me. And when I try to make her crawl she won't. She loves crawling! She always crawl towards and away from me, at home. Anf she likes being out at the park. It's just that I would really like to see her crawling on her own. And I know she needs time, but I would like to have her crawl with her older sister.

angel

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovebugbaby
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM

It just might be the age. She's more comfortable with you, and isn't interested in venturing out quite yet.

XMelindaX
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

It just might be the age. She's more comfortable with you, and isn't interested in venturing out quite yet.

So all I have to do is give her time. Okay!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I think that's pretty normal for her age : ) Just give her a little time to build her confidence : )

lauratupper
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Quoting la_bella_vita:

I think that's pretty normal for her age : ) Just give her a little time to build her confidence : )

abra
by Abra on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
She'll figure it out eventually. :-)
Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Just curious as to why you would want your child crawling on the filthy ground?
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Most babies like to be close to mom. That's normal.
XMelindaX
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Quoting Mazie0723:

Just curious as to why you would want your child crawling on the filthy ground?

I have a sheet on the grass, and at home we always clean the floors before she crawls on anything. And besides since the allergy attack she had we have been keeping the house extra clean.

KDouglas2
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I think its great you let your kid crawl around on the ground.  I don't mean to let your kids crawl through filth, but come on...on the grass in the park.  Unless she is crawling through dog poop I dont think its a problem.  Kids need to be exposed to many things so that thier bodies build up natural immunities and defenses.  Like the old saying goes... " a little dirt wont kill you"

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Give her time!.....What can you say, she loves her mommy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN