Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you pack in your hospital bag?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:37 AM
  • 31 Replies

What did you find useful and what was a complete waste of space?

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I was there for four days. Bathroom items. Clothes if you don't wanna be in the gown. A robe. Slippers. Camera. Snacks. Baby gloves.
raye-chan
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I was there for 5 days. The 5 days was unexpected though :( i wish i had put more thought into it and packed a bit better. If we have another, I'm packing differently, just in case we can't do a VBAC and I'm going to pack a couple more books and my music to help.

Oh, and I'm going to pack hubby better snacks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I packed clothes for me and clothes for baby. My hospital literally provided everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I was ther 4 days! Lots of towels! I know hospital provides them, but it urkes my gut to think of using someones else personal washclothes that they cleaned themselves with.EEEWWWW! I don't care what they were cleaned with! But also burp clothes, mittens, and the swadler blankets were useful for us. I also brought a pair of cheap houshoes just for the hospital that i threw away once i left that were very useful!

expecting boyBaby Reese due OCT 15th!!!!!

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I found bringing clothes to wear in hospital a waste! trying to breastfeed in a regular shirt! frustrating!

lismore
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubblemama2164
by Beth on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

i brought bathroom supplies, home night gowns (i had csection)  Slippers, baby clothes didnt want him in the hospital clothes either, camara, computer, chargers for phone and computer, phone, snacks ( i think you definately need these unless your like hospital food) 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I took a change of clothes for me and baby, my camera, and toiletries. That's it, lol. I practically packed suitcases with my first two, I got more realistic with my third.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I stay 4 days.
For me: 3-4 outfits(comfortable pants and maternity shirts), non slip socks, granny panties(5-6 pairs), slippers, my shoes for when I go home, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, pillow, phone, charger, camera, camera charger.

For baby: Boppy, 4-6 outfits, take home outfit, socks, hats, swaddling blankets, special blanket(tradition with all my kids), burp rags, and cloth diapers, zip local bags for dirty diapers, carseat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Toiletries, camera, laptop (WITH charger), phone (WITH charger), and socks were probably the things I used the most. I made sure I brought lots of socks the second time around since hospitals are so cold, and I was always freezing after my c-sections.

Waste of space was tons of baby clothes (they don't need THAT much...we pretty much kept our newborns in the hospital t-shirts since they were being changed so often), and a boppy pillow. I never once needed a boppy but I know women who swear by them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)