Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Really think about this... READ ME!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Self soothing...

People say "oh he/she needs to learn to self soothe" Really? So let me ask you this then, When we are crying, hurting,upset can we self soothe w/out any intervention what so ever?  Wouldnt the comfort of someone being there,going for a walk, talking about it, getting a drink of pop, listening to music what ever the case may be... wouldnt that be the only way to really "get over it"  or help you?

sitting there crying and crying till you what,? fall asleep? think of something else? is that really how you can "self soothe" your self? who does this and they feel better? So why let your child do the same? CIO or whatever the case... B/c you know there is something that helps you when you are upset you dont just sit there and keep crying feling alone abandoned etc.. and magically you have "self soothed"???? Is there some prize we get for letting our children "self soothe" How can you be ok with your child needing you/ something and you are doing nothing? teaching them to "self soothe"

CMON y'all, REALLY????

This upsets me so much, I know I cannot be the only one who feels this way!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (51-52):
angiejones256
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

ok i dont understand y everyone has to be so mean im a first time mom with two boys my dh always works so the only people i can get advice from is my parents they said they did that with me so i figured hey it couldnt hurt and there doc said the same thing so i thought it might be a good thing. i dont understand y mothers on here ask questions then when people answer and if they dont like the answer they r mean. i wished u wouldve said all this in a nicer manner. i am never mean the mothers on here even if i dont agree. so thank u for hurting my feelings. i have been thinking about u said all day and u really hurt my feelings im not a perfect mother no one is. im learning my kids r 10 months apart and no im not using that as excuse i am trying here i dont need bashing. when i was never mean to u. i need a nice motherly advice.

Quoting 937mrsweaver:

30 min BEFORE going in there?

wow! poor lil baby :( he is still soooo young and may even need a bottle still!!! so if it "kills" you so bad then why let your child feel abandoned and cry for 30 min.. thats awful IMO, I am so sad for your BABY.

Quoting angiejones256:

well, i let my kids cry it out not becuz i dont care, cuz trust me i do. it really KILLS me to hear them. BUT!!i only let him cry it out for about maybe 30 mins before i go in there and make sure hes okay but i dont give him a bottle cuz hes 7months we stopped that last month. 

937mrsweaver
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Please feel free to PM message me. You are right, I do apologize I should have worded that a lil  different. It just really took me for a loop what you were saying and then I read your reply to another poster... I guess your responses rubbed me the wrong way and I did not get the best first impression of you. If you would like advice or to talk you can PM me. I am a first time mom also but I have been dying for a baby for years and I took care of my lil brother alot of his life.. I have done soooo much research on like everything I am "in the know" more than alot of 3x moms I know.

Quoting angiejones256:

ok i dont understand y everyone has to be so mean im a first time mom with two boys my dh always works so the only people i can get advice from is my parents they said they did that with me so i figured hey it couldnt hurt and there doc said the same thing so i thought it might be a good thing. i dont understand y mothers on here ask questions then when people answer and if they dont like the answer they r mean. i wished u wouldve said all this in a nicer manner. i am never mean the mothers on here even if i dont agree. so thank u for hurting my feelings. i have been thinking about u said all day and u really hurt my feelings im not a perfect mother no one is. im learning my kids r 10 months apart and no im not using that as excuse i am trying here i dont need bashing. when i was never mean to u. i need a nice motherly advice.

Quoting 937mrsweaver:

30 min BEFORE going in there?

wow! poor lil baby :( he is still soooo young and may even need a bottle still!!! so if it "kills" you so bad then why let your child feel abandoned and cry for 30 min.. thats awful IMO, I am so sad for your BABY.

Quoting angiejones256:

well, i let my kids cry it out not becuz i dont care, cuz trust me i do. it really KILLS me to hear them. BUT!!i only let him cry it out for about maybe 30 mins before i go in there and make sure hes okay but i dont give him a bottle cuz hes 7months we stopped that last month. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN