Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Toddler play jewelry?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ds (3 years), loves to go into my jewelry box and take out necklaces and bracelets and wear them around. But of course I don't want my jewelry broken, and I have tried to hide the box or put it up somewhere, but he always seems to find it or a way to get it! I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for play jewelry other than mardi gras beads lol.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NewMamaBoo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

You can find cheap stuff starting at 2.80 at forever 21

http://www.forever21.com/product/Category.aspx?br=F21&category=acc_jewelry

NewMamaBoo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Oops starting at 1.50$

choose SORT BY: low price

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

You can find cheap stuff starting at 2.80 at forever 21

http://www.forever21.com/product/Category.aspx?br=F21&category=acc_jewelry

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I have some jewelry that I dont really wear anymore or is pretty resilient that I just let them play with.  get some big beads and make some together!

lauratupper
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I was thinking of doing that, getting some beads and helping him make his own. He loves to put things together and I think he would like doing it.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I have some jewelry that I dont really wear anymore or is pretty resilient that I just let them play with.  get some big beads and make some together!

alandou
by April on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I think going to the craft store and helping him choose some things would be a fun trip out and also fun for him to make and wear :) My dd loves to go to the craft store with me because I usually let her pick out something small to do.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Time for a macaroni necklace?
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Make your own or just keep an eye out for sales. My daughter has tons!!!!
CatFishMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Plastic, no metal. I cant even tell you how many recalls I saw working retail because of different chemicals and crap in the metal stuff from china. I'd rather spend a fortune on real stuff than that crap and risk my kid getting poisoned. (Not that I would, just that I wouldnt buy the metal is what Im getting at) Otherwise, just go into the kids' departments or toys and buy plastic stuff.

jridgill
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
We got a bunch of necklaces from children's place for like $2.50. Some where sets that's included a bracelet. They are stretchy so we love them. Haven't had any break!

You could also check the dollar tree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN