Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Toddler play jewelry?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ds (3 years), loves to go into my jewelry box and take out necklaces and bracelets and wear them around. But of course I don't want my jewelry broken, and I have tried to hide the box or put it up somewhere, but he always seems to find it or a way to get it! I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for play jewelry other than mardi gras beads lol.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

You can find cheap stuff starting at 2.80 at forever 21

http://www.forever21.com/product/Category.aspx?br=F21&category=acc_jewelry

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Oops starting at 1.50$

choose SORT BY: low price

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

You can find cheap stuff starting at 2.80 at forever 21

http://www.forever21.com/product/Category.aspx?br=F21&category=acc_jewelry

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I have some jewelry that I dont really wear anymore or is pretty resilient that I just let them play with.  get some big beads and make some together!

lauratupper
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I was thinking of doing that, getting some beads and helping him make his own. He loves to put things together and I think he would like doing it.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I have some jewelry that I dont really wear anymore or is pretty resilient that I just let them play with.  get some big beads and make some together!

alandou
by April on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I think going to the craft store and helping him choose some things would be a fun trip out and also fun for him to make and wear :) My dd loves to go to the craft store with me because I usually let her pick out something small to do.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Time for a macaroni necklace?
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Make your own or just keep an eye out for sales. My daughter has tons!!!!
CatFishMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Plastic, no metal. I cant even tell you how many recalls I saw working retail because of different chemicals and crap in the metal stuff from china. I'd rather spend a fortune on real stuff than that crap and risk my kid getting poisoned. (Not that I would, just that I wouldnt buy the metal is what Im getting at) Otherwise, just go into the kids' departments or toys and buy plastic stuff.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
We got a bunch of necklaces from children's place for like $2.50. Some where sets that's included a bracelet. They are stretchy so we love them. Haven't had any break!

You could also check the dollar tree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)