Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Has this happened to anyone or been heard of???

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
My ds is on his way home from a trip at great grandmas... My aunt called me this morning to let me know when my ds had his bath last night they noticed a strand of hair wrapped around his penis..

Looks like it has been there a while and a little infected :(

Ill be taking him to urgent care as soon as he gets home but has anyone heard of this... I feel absolutely awful for not noticing myself. I just pray all is well.. I tried to google this and haven't found any cases only with toes :-/
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shjchica
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

There must have been hair in his underpants and it got wrapped around. It happens to toes and fingers very often - so I don't see why it isn't possible to happen to a penis...it is a separate appendage like a finger or toe would be - especially like a toe because it's being covered by underpants and a toe is covered by socks 9 times out of 10 when it happens.

Hope all is well with him! 

Jlovely13
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Thank you very much!

Quoting shjchica:

There must have been hair in his underpants and it got wrapped around. It happens to toes and fingers very often - so I don't see why it isn't possible to happen to a penis...it is a separate appendage like a finger or toe would be - especially like a toe because it's being covered by underpants and a toe is covered by socks 9 times out of 10 when it happens.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It happens, I've caught some on my babies fingers and toes, but never had them get infected.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Agree.

Quoting shjchica:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Oh no poor guy! It's not uncommon at all, my DF complains about my hairs being wrapped in some uncomfortable places lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting shjchica:

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

clairewait
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM

A nurse friend recently told me about a baby in the ER who had a bright red and swollen finger. Mom and dad had been icing it for days, couldn't figure out why it was red and swollen, said she hadn't hurt it or smashed it or anything.

Turns out she had a hair cutting off circulation to the tip, and her little fat folds were hiding it.

So anyway, yeah, no, not weird. Definitely not one of HIS hairs was wrapped around it... someone else's. 

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Aww wow poor thing. Ya I've only heard of fingers and toes getting hair wrapped around it
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Same here lol!!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Oh no poor guy! It's not uncommon at all, my DF complains about my hairs being wrapped in some uncomfortable places lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)