Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
If your LO took a paci.....how long did you let them have it? How did you take it away?

Our daughter never took one but our son is VERY attached to his. He cannot sleep without it n will wake at night if he can't find one. I end up leaving two or three in the crib. May be a battle later.....
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

my son never liked them. I tried but he always just spit them out. my daughter is 7 months old. she used one for the first 2 months. then she discovered her fingers and rejected her pacifier for her fingers.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My first born took it for 3 days
My 2nd born gave his up @ 5 months
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Did they used to take it during day? My almost 1yr old still wants his all day.....

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I'm still using one at night only with my 10 month old.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My second had a paci until about 10 months I think it was and then I just took it away. She never really noiced but she only used it for nap and bedtime anyways. I rubbed her back and played with her hair as she fell asleep for the first few days so she'd be distracted from missing it. My third is currently using one and I'm planning on taking it away at the same time or, probably, sooner. He mostly only uses it due to his reflux. When he wants to suck to make it feel better but nursing makes him spit up and causes his tummy to hurt worse then I give him a pacifier so he can suck without getting any milk. Oncce his reflux gets better we won't need it so much. :-)

CatFishMom
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine gave them up just shy of two without a problem, both boys. We went cold turkey and never looked back, never had a screaming fit, nothing. And both of them were really attached.

MaliyahsMommy23
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure if you have seen them, or if it would help but they make glow in the dark pacifiers. Maybe he would be able to find it himself. I know my daughter grabs hers in the dark.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM
This is what I'm hoping for....

Quoting CatFishMom:

Mine gave them up just shy of two without a problem, both boys. We went cold turkey and never looked back, never had a screaming fit, nothing. And both of them were really attached.

Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I only use it when she's sleeping at night & naps.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Did they used to take it during day? My almost 1yr old still wants his all day.....

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I'm still using one at night only with my 10 month old.

CafeMom Tickers
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
He has one that sort of works....need to look for more maybe ;)

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

Not sure if you have seen them, or if it would help but they make glow in the dark pacifiers. Maybe he would be able to find it himself. I know my daughter grabs hers in the dark.

newmom218
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM

My daughter likes hers for comfort and going to bed., She's 5 months old. But we are having issues in the middle of the night her waking up and wanting it back. Still too little to find it and get it back in half asleep.  Any suggestions how to get thru the night without having to get up and give it to her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN