Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
If your LO took a paci.....how long did you let them have it? How did you take it away?

Our daughter never took one but our son is VERY attached to his. He cannot sleep without it n will wake at night if he can't find one. I end up leaving two or three in the crib. May be a battle later.....
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Dd weaned herself from hers by 14 months old, no stress, no tears. She used it for nap/bed and in the car. The fact she she continued nursing probably made it easy for her to toss it because she was still able to find that comfort at the breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Wish I did.....mine will be a year Friday n I just keep 2-3 extra in the crib so he can find one. But at least every other night I get up once a night to find one for him :(

Quoting newmom218:

My daughter likes hers for comfort and going to bed., She's 5 months old. But we are having issues in the middle of the night her waking up and wanting it back. Still too little to find it and get it back in half asleep.  Any suggestions how to get thru the night without having to get up and give it to her?

twogirl91
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest took his and loved it until 6months old when he just gave it up out of the blue one day. My second son never really liked his and stopped taking it at 2months. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
First child he stopped At 10 months. Second child is 7 months and rarely takes it.
MumErin
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We haven't ever used a pacifier

anxiousschk
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably around 2.  

It's hard for me to remember but I know she had it between 1-2 and don't remember her having it much past 2 so it must have been right around there.  

brittany208
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My first took to it right away. After 6 mo or so, I would only give it to him at bedtime/naptime. or for a 3 hour car ride. I would leave a couple in his crib too, but I would seriously sneak in his room and pull it out of his mouth after he fell asleep so he didnt need it to stay asleep. i took it away by cutting the end off and giving it to him. he saw it didnt work and he didnt want it anymore. the first night he cried a while. but by the 2 or 3 night, he forgot all about it.

my 7wo had to be convinced to take it, but will now. i plan on doing the same things with him that I did with his older brother.

i try to always keep end results in mind when making parenting decisions so I dont end up with a situation

eztwins
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds had his till 3. By then it was only at night. One night we couldn't find it so he went to bed without it and was okay so we never replaced it. It wasn't a big deal to me....I figured eventually it would stop and it did.
3tobe13
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Rylie didn't take one, she sucked her thumb. Kamryn was 2. She bit a hole in it and I threw it away. I told her I was throwing it away and why and she never asked for it again.

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My 25 month old still has hers. It isn't a big deal to me as long as its gone by 3 years old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN