Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your LO took a paci.....how long did you let them have it? How did you take it away?

Our daughter never took one but our son is VERY attached to his. He cannot sleep without it n will wake at night if he can't find one. I end up leaving two or three in the crib. May be a battle later.....
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (31-40):
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM

My DH planned to take it away around 6 months, but we realized that's not going to go over well right now.  We're now shooting for a year, hopefully.

LAH2x
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My 1st was obsessed with it, at 1 we cut her back to in side the house only unless it was a long car ride were she would sleep, at 2 down to only while sleeping, at 3 she still had it for sleeping but when we tried to cut back to just bed not naps she started using her thumb instead. She went to her first dental cleaning at 3 and the dentist said if she is swapping to just keep the paci because in the long run those are easier to take than the thumb attached to her! She was 100% paci free at 3.75 yrs old. She called it a kiki, so we had her leave them on her night table and the "kiki fairy" visited her at night and took all of her kiki's and left her a toy she had been wanting. DD2 has no interest in paci's thank goodness!!!

mamakate1981
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My first stopped at 19 months. She neverveven missed it. My 2nd never took one. My 3rd had one until 18 months. She never asked for it after that,but she was and still is a nightmare to get to bed. I wonder if taking away the pacified is the reason because with it she would go right to sleep.
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

We took it away at 4.5 months. There were other ways of comforting him so we just stopped offering it.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My older 2 boys never took one. my youngest used one for about a month or so.

brenatens
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has hers at night and for naps only since she turned one. We are hoping to go without at 18months
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds stopped at about 3 months and dd never wanted one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleCondon
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is just shy of a month and uses his mostly at nap time. He'll normally fall asleep drinking a bottle and will wake if you don't do a ninja pacifier trade-off. I also use it in the car if I can't pull over quickly or are far from the destination and he needs a bottle that second. I try not to use it too much as a sleep aid or just to suck on. That seemed to make it an easy transition with my daughter. She pretty much stopped taking it at a year. She picked it up again for some reason about 19 months, but then just started using them for her dolls after about a month of using them herself. No drama there. I'm hoping my son will do the same, but if not we'll wean him off them around a year. 

NoahsMommy10412
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My son only takes his pacifier during naps and bed time. he's fine without it all day long. There are some days that he doesn't use his pacifier at bed time

alandou
by April on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

our dd gave it up at 3 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)