Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

PPAF

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Once you've gotten your 1st period after pregnancy how long we're your cycles? I got my 1st period at 5 months (still EBF). It lasted my normal 5 days at a medium to heavy flow. It's been 45 days and still no AF. I have tested twice and got BFN both times. I was told it can be normal with breast feeding but to be concerned if it does not return within 3 months. I was curious if this is happining to any of you and how long before it came back.

PIOG

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I've never had that problem ... but it is common for some moms not to get one for awhile.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM
My periods haven't come back until about 15-16 months (breastfeeding) and then they go right back to completely regular.
But my understanding is that wonky periods while BF, especially the earlier they come back, are completely normal and unconcerning. I know many moms like to take a monthly pregnancy test just to be sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM
My periods were crazy after my last son was born. I got it 4 months pp. My cycles were 6 days(a day shorter then before I got pregnant), normal flow (light, medium, heavy, then light), little to no cramping, and anywhere from 32-152 days.(long cycle was just once.) By the time they were starting to regulate I got pregnant (I'm 14 weeks now.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Mine returned nearly 3 months after my birth while breatfeeding. And not at a more disapointing time! On my birthday......that's why i never forget the date! But they had longer intervals each cycle starting at about 40 days, then 35 days and so on till they got back to my regular 27-28 days!

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM
My son is 10.5 months and I've only had 3 periods total. I had my first at 4 months, then only at like 7 and one at 10. So don't worry it is normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN