Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I have never let my baby be babysat by anyone...

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a teen mom who has a 9 month old son. Me and my husband never let Blaze be babysat by anyone, we just feel he is safe with us and we want to be around him all the time. I also still breastfeed so I am the only one who can put him down for naps and bed. Has anyone else been this way?
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
CelestialSong
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

There was a period of about a year where I didn't leave my daughter with anyone, roughly 6 months to 18 months. When I left her at 6 months to go to hubby's work's holiday party, when we got home my grandma said she had cried for HOURS until she finally cried herself to sleep. I felt horrible and sick! So I didn't want to leave her again until I was sure she would be okay. When she was about a year old I left her with my sister for 30 minutes and she cried the entire time and wouldn't let me put her down for the rest of the day. During that year people swore to me that I would never be able to leave her with anyone and she had to get used to it and it was totally fine if she cried literally nonstop for hours. Not true! Once she was ready, independent, walking, talking, able to understand better that Mommy not being there doesn't mean Mommy isn't there anymore/isn't coming back, and a new person in the house was more fun than scary, there were absolutely no problems leaving her (on her end or mine).

mommyoflittles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I am like this too. i have a 3 year old and a 8 month old. she is breastfed and doesnt take bottles. i let grandma babysit but thats it. she hasnt been baby sat in over 4 months though. i have a hard time leaving. i am a stay at home mom

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I breastfed all of my boys. My oldest was about 4 or 5 when he started going over to his grandparents for a sleep over. my middle didn't do sleep overs til he was about 4 and my youngest never was babysat by anyone until hubby and I went out for the night. He was 3 by then and still had his brothers and his grandma & grandpa.

KristenandCaleb
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM

My son is 7 months and he has only been with my mother and father in law once for a few hours while we were at a wedding. Good for you mama, you're what he needs most : ).

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM
We have been out without baby for a couple of hours. We saw a movie with our oldest. And date night for anniversary.
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM

My oldest was like that. The only time I let anyone "watch" her was while she was asleep. :-\ I now have 3 and got over that VERY quickly once my third was born. It's harder when they're babies, but the older they get, the easier it is.

brittany208
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i hear its pretty common. im not that way though. i think its silly to think im the only capable mother in the entire world.... i mean, of course im going to take care of my child the best, but its GOOD for them to be watched by other people too. that said, our sitter is nearly almost grandma, and always family.

Mainegirl211
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I'm the same way with my son as he's also a breastfeed baby.
Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Sometimes you need a date night or time alone

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:29 AM

my daughter didnt stay with anyone else for more than time between nursing [2-3 hours] until she was well over a year old. even now, at age 2, i dont like her being away from me. i hate pumping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)