Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: What do I do when my son is allergic to...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

What do I do when my son is allergic to both lactose and soy?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
My son is too!! You read every single label and make most foods from scratch. ;)
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Oh and I'm assuming you bf? Most times they are sensitivities not allergies and babies out grow it. Don't worry, the bland diet isn't forever!
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
It's almost certainly milk protein, not the lactose :-)
If you breastfeed, you cut every single trace out of your diet. If you formula feed, you'll have to try the special formulas they make for that (possibly the prescription type). If baby can't handle those, you'll have to look at cutting the things from your diet and relactating for baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmourSpork
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I did at first but now he's on formula.

MisfitInTN
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM

My son is allergic o both those. I had to eliminate 7 major allergens to continue breast feeding 

jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

All my kids are allergic to dairy and soy. I elminated both from my diet long ago so it wasn't an issue. But if you formula feed your opitions are honestly pretty limited. My oldest was formula fed and honestly we never found a formula she could tolerate. 

lauratupper
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Quoting larissalarie:

It's almost certainly milk protein, not the lactose :-)
If you breastfeed, you cut every single trace out of your diet. If you formula feed, you'll have to try the special formulas they make for that (possibly the prescription type). If baby can't handle those, you'll have to look at cutting the things from your diet and relactating for baby.

roody2shoes
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM

if you had a problem with breastfeeding you could contact the La leche legue. they may have suggestions to get back in the game, or looking getting donated breastmilk. I believe there is a facebook group about such things. Honestly this should be a question for your peditrition. you just need to be super diligent in reading lables and inquiring what is in foods when ou go out to resturants. It is certianly a life style you will need some getting used to. good luck to you mama.

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM

they make hypoallergic formula i know one is Enfamil Nutramigen, and Similac Expert Care Alimentum my sisters daughter was on the alimentum. My ds is on the enfamil gentlease which is a partially broken down milk protien because he was allergic to the milk protien whole some babies can do the broke down protien, talk to your doc

tyrelsmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
My son was allergic to soy and projectile vomited milk based formulas and nutramigen. I ended up feeding him homemade goat's milk formula. I couldn't afford alimentum, I never even tried it. He thrived on the goat's milk. I found the recipe online. And used raw milk. I lived in the country, so I bought the goat rather than the milk, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN