Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gassy baby

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
My two month old gets very bad gas. She gets expressed milk. I have changed many bottles and these last ones seemed to be helping for the most part. Her gas gets so bad she screams until she toots. I hold her and rub her tummy which seems to help a little. I have tried all kinds of drops. Tummy calm and colic calm seem to help generally. Any suggestions or advice?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alandou
by April on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:06 AM

do you shake her bottle after it is warmed up? if so, that can cause extra gas bubbles. I always stirred mine with a butter knife just to keep the bubbles out. my dd had really bad gas too as an infant. it could also be the nipple flow. if it's too big, she may be trying to keep up with the flow and swallow extra air. other than trying different techniques and gas drops, I'm not sure what else it could be. have you tried "bicycling" her legs? have her lay on her back and move her legs in bicycling movements. good luck, I know it's not easy to hear your baby crying :(

charley31
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:33 AM
My sons gi dr at chop told me the dr browns bottles were the best. My son would scream in pain! I also peddled his feet like he was riding a bike. Id lay him on my couch and peddle to try and get the gas moving. Not sure if the peddling helped but the bottles helped. Good luck.
bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM

try a warm bath or wash cloth on her belly that seemed to help my ds 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
We have the vent air slow bottles. We have the dr brown bottles, but the vent air work better for her. I will try stirring instead of shaking. Although that might be a little tricky as I usually only have one hand. We peddle her feet and that helps a tad. Every morning at seven like clock work she starts crying in her sleep. I just feel helpless because she is in so much pain and I cannot help her. Do not like it at all
abra
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I'd try mylicon but also take her to a naturopathic chiropractor. Good luck! 

polkaspots
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Bicycle the legs constantly. It will make her pass gas frequently like she's supposed to so that she won't have built up gas pains.
That's only a band-aid though, I have no idea what in your diet could be giving her such bad gas. Dairy, gluten? Idk ask the breastfeeding group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:19 AM
I have stopped eating certain groups of foods one at a time to see of something I was eating was bothering her, but it made no difference.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)