Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mold!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
Help! so I'm the beginning if summer my so put the AC in the window it began to leak we put a towel under and we would switch it out a couple if days ago it started to leak more water and over night the water would soak through the towel and go on the floor this went in for about four or five days I woke up this morning and decided my so wasnt going to get around to moving the bed away from the AC so I decided to do it myself. Do I push the bed away from the wall and I find a pile of soaking wet clothes I move those and immediately my 1 year old starts coughing I figured it was morning congestion but once I get to the floor I see a patch of mold I stopped to look it up but I didn't really get any useful results what do I do to clean it up? Is my ds in danger? Will mopping take care of it? Please help I'm actually really worried
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I'd rent or buy a deep clean shampooer. They're at a lot of grocery stores or walmarts for rent. With mold, you want to clean more than just the surface, you want to get all the way down and kill it with shampoo and really hot heat.
Ptitchou
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I'd fix the leak. No telling if the floorboards and drywall are molding either. I'd have a professional out to look ASAP.
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I'm not sure, bump!

abra
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I'd use rubbing alcohol to clean the mold (it disinfects, kills mold and then evaporates). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)