Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

debate on to or not to cercumsize....

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently a post has revealed that this topic is a huge debate and one that is not well gone over. I myself did learn a thing or two about the post. I figure this topic could use a little more discussion and less arguing. When I replied to the post I meant to offer my p.o.v and help.... I didn't mean to start an argument or attack any one. If I did I am sorry as well as if I offended. It is in my opinion that every mom knows what is best for her child. So go for it great, don't go for it cool, don't know yet.... you should probably wait until your 100% sure. I agree that if you don't do it as a baby it can be done later on in life. However I think not doing it causes complications later on in life when the forskin does retract on its own. However I did not know that babies still died over complications due to cercumsizions.... I thought (and was not informed by my dr other wise) that our technology was advanced enough that there were no complications due to the sergery anymore. So I guess by this post I am acknowledging that I missed some points, I miss worded a lot of my own points, there was misunderstanding, and I am hoping that maybe we can all debate this and shine some more light on the subject with out going at each other, playing the name game, hinting around that one is a better parent for making a diffrent desission for their kid, and basically being adults about this. So please opinions, facts supported by websites or dr's,  and your personal opinions and experiances for your baby boy(s).

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (71-77):
Candie1015
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Ty for the websites really but I think you misunderstood the point of this post. I am not tryin to tell any one to either do, not, or have it done later. This topic as another user has stated should have been put in a debate group but I am new and had no idea there were debate groups. I say this because it was meant to be a place you could post your personal opinions, your experiences with doing or not doing for your son, and websites where any wondering mom could view and read. This post would also be a great place for uninformed moms to ask questions about personal experiance of other moms. I dont say about facts there because it is obviouse that some believe there are health benefits for getting it done and not getting it done and both are 100 % set that they are right so any and all facts should be talked over with their drs

Quoting wolfybaby:

circumcison.org

thewholenetwork.com

think about it..regardless of if there are notable health benefits or not.. should it really be your choice to make? we live in a civilized society where hygeine and daily showers are not a privelage, they are a right. the health concerns are negligable in this debate when we are talking about 1st world babies. so, is it really gonna kill your baby to let him decide for himself whether or not he wants to keep his foreskin?

and to those who say "its better to do it when theyre younger, they wont remember"..well, they may not hold the memory in the front of their mind, but every single human memory is stored in the brain. the trauma is in there. and the pain is in there. infants rarely get given anesthetics. and the ones that are used dont work effectively. 
as an adult or older child, he will be able to be put under if he wants to, and he will also get to utilize the full benefit of pain killing drugs that actually work.

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM

lol, youve got to be kidding. i know a man who was not circumcised. he told me about how he caught his foreskin in his zipper once. he said he is so glad that he has a foreskin, because pinching the actual penis would be even more painful. makes sense. foreskin is *there* to protect the penis. that is the main function. duhh.

Quoting Candie1015:

Well (and this is statistics, men around me, and dr's alike) they can keep uti or infection of some type, it gets stuck in zippers easier, harder to keep clean, and various other things but this is the top three things pointed out other then "cosmetics" but I don't base things off of looks so I try to leave that out

Quoting ToolArmy066:

And what complications do you believe it causes if done later in life? Just curious...

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM

you asked in your original post for us to please post facts, websites, and opinions. thats what i did. 

Quoting Candie1015:

Ty for the websites really but I think you misunderstood the point of this post. I am not tryin to tell any one to either do, not, or have it done later. This topic as another user has stated should have been put in a debate group but I am new and had no idea there were debate groups. I say this because it was meant to be a place you could post your personal opinions, your experiences with doing or not doing for your son, and websites where any wondering mom could view and read. This post would also be a great place for uninformed moms to ask questions about personal experiance of other moms. I dont say about facts there because it is obviouse that some believe there are health benefits for getting it done and not getting it done and both are 100 % set that they are right so any and all facts should be talked over with their drs

Quoting wolfybaby:

circumcison.org

thewholenetwork.com

think about it..regardless of if there are notable health benefits or not.. should it really be your choice to make? we live in a civilized society where hygeine and daily showers are not a privelage, they are a right. the health concerns are negligable in this debate when we are talking about 1st world babies. so, is it really gonna kill your baby to let him decide for himself whether or not he wants to keep his foreskin?

and to those who say "its better to do it when theyre younger, they wont remember"..well, they may not hold the memory in the front of their mind, but every single human memory is stored in the brain. the trauma is in there. and the pain is in there. infants rarely get given anesthetics. and the ones that are used dont work effectively. 
as an adult or older child, he will be able to be put under if he wants to, and he will also get to utilize the full benefit of pain killing drugs that actually work.

Candie1015
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Ok so duh is uncalled for.... and I can see that there are pros to keeping it as well. She asked I answeted and there is more to this fyi. Also this is not an argument it is where I was hoping people would come to share stories (ty for yours), personal opinions, thoughts, and links

Quoting wolfybaby:

lol, youve got to be kidding. i know a man who was not circumcised. he told me about how he caught his foreskin in his zipper once. he said he is so glad that he has a foreskin, because pinching the actual penis would be even more painful. makes sense. foreskin is *there* to protect the penis. that is the main function. duhh.

Quoting Candie1015:

Well (and this is statistics, men around me, and dr's alike) they can keep uti or infection of some type, it gets stuck in zippers easier, harder to keep clean, and various other things but this is the top three things pointed out other then "cosmetics" but I don't base things off of looks so I try to leave that out

Quoting ToolArmy066:

And what complications do you believe it causes if done later in life? Just curious...

Candie1015
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:40 AM
The sentence "should it really be your choice to make" with the way it was put sounded like it was a direct question to me. I realize now that it was a question to all moms just pointing out that it should be their sons who make that choice. So I am sry if I offended you but I promise that was just me answering that question lol. Misunderstanding on my behalf

Quoting wolfybaby:

you asked in your original post for us to please post facts, websites, and opinions. thats what i did. 

Quoting Candie1015:

Quoting wolfybaby:

circumcison.org

thewholenetwork.com

angevil53
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I didn't say i wasn't pro choice. But NO ONE is pro abortion. If that's the case pro lifers are pro taking away women's rights. And calling someone pro abortion makes you sound aggressive and gullible. Don't fall for pro life propaganda. I know a woman who is very pro life and an abortion saved her life.

Quoting Candie1015:

This site doesn't let you copy and past so I probably typed them in wrong. If you doubt it google it yourself or ask a dr that doesn't make commission off of aborting babies. You say your not for it but your words and actions are saying something else

Quoting angevil53:

The ONLY link that worked was the one on women not regretting having their kid. Still not convinced more than 50% of women wouldn't have an abortion if they knew what it entailed bc fact is anyone can find out.

Quoting Candie1015:

fair enough. I took the time out to refind some sights and if you want I can even get a writing form from a dr saying as much and you would know it is ligit because dr credentials are online :). 

cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/June/most-women-denied-abortions-have-no-regrets/

guttmacher.org/sections/abortion.org

freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2377814/post

fanpop.com/club/debate/answer/show/4373/what-precent-women-whod-preformed-later-theyd-regretted-having-abortion

Hope this is enough for you cause I am not doing anymore

Quoting angevil53:

If you're throwing "stats" around you should be able to back it up. It sounds like something you completely made up. No one is pro abortion.

Quoting Candie1015:

It is statistics don't believe me look it up or look yourself. What you pro abortion also? If so then good for you. Your body and kid. What is your deal I mean seriously?

Quoting angevil53:

Where's your source for your "over half" comment? No really i want to know. Wow.

Quoting Candie1015:

Well in that case I am sry I took it the wrong way and than you for your opinion. While you do have a point I am not to concerned about any one taking me seriouse on this topic...I am really just trying to shed some light on the subject for moms who have no clue and are curious. In my opinion they should ultimately talk to there dr about it. I am into being open about all subjects....another touchy subject is abortions. Did you know that if it were discussed more openly, all facts were out there on how different types of abortions were carried through, and how it would be after as well as side effects over half the women that have them wouldn't have them?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I never insinuated anything. I think circ'd or not.... whatever. It's your child. And I don't see how misspelling words would make anyone a bad mother. I am just saying if you've done thorough research, for or against, then before you preach to people about your stance make sure you are spelling the subject correctly. They'll take you more seriously!

Quoting Candie1015:

Well it seems like it is to me. Your basically saying I am an idiot because of two words. Fine my bad...they aren't right but I don't need a dictionary I know what they mean and once again it seems like your insinuating I am stupid over two words. I did my research with my dr for the most part fyi and a little research on my own. Once again spelling has nothing to do with being a good parent and knowing what is best for my kids. Once again I am not going to spell check everything when my I is coming out an o because of my phone....so is is an os

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

In comment 8 you also spelled entitle "intitled". And you have internet.... look it up in a dictionary. This is not bashing. It's stating an opinion and correcting words you spelled incorrectly. It's hard to believe if you have done your research and read the words enough to have actually read the info that you would misspell it. Just sayin'

Quoting Candie1015:

Wow I asked for no bashing really and over one word really? Idk about the spelling quite frankly it is one word and my phone is fucking up so either don't read the post or deal with it. Just because one word is misspelled doesn't mean that the person is uneducated or doesn't know what they are talking about. Saying that is like saying a mom who drops out of high school is a bad mom and I graduated.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

*circumcised.... *entitled. It's hard to debate with someone and believe they are educated on the subject when they don't spell the topic correctly.

Candie1015
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I never said I wasn't pro choice but I feel if you are women enough to spread your legs you should be women enough to have them and if you don't want to be a parent adopt them out but don't have them cut up and suctioned out of you because you wanna be selfish. Now I agree there are certain cases that are special where there is rape involved or the mothers life is in danger where that option should be available.

Quoting angevil53:

I didn't say i wasn't pro choice. But NO ONE is pro abortion. If that's the case pro lifers are pro taking away women's rights. And calling someone pro abortion makes you sound aggressive and gullible. Don't fall for pro life propaganda. I know a woman who is very pro life and an abortion saved her life.

Quoting Candie1015:

This site doesn't let you copy and past so I probably typed them in wrong. If you doubt it google it yourself or ask a dr that doesn't make commission off of aborting babies. You say your not for it but your words and actions are saying something else

Quoting angevil53:

The ONLY link that worked was the one on women not regretting having their kid. Still not convinced more than 50% of women wouldn't have an abortion if they knew what it entailed bc fact is anyone can find out.

Quoting Candie1015:

fair enough. I took the time out to refind some sights and if you want I can even get a writing form from a dr saying as much and you would know it is ligit because dr credentials are online :). 

cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/June/most-women-denied-abortions-have-no-regrets/

guttmacher.org/sections/abortion.org

freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2377814/post

fanpop.com/club/debate/answer/show/4373/what-precent-women-whod-preformed-later-theyd-regretted-having-abortion

Hope this is enough for you cause I am not doing anymore

Quoting angevil53:

If you're throwing "stats" around you should be able to back it up. It sounds like something you completely made up. No one is pro abortion.

Quoting Candie1015:

It is statistics don't believe me look it up or look yourself. What you pro abortion also? If so then good for you. Your body and kid. What is your deal I mean seriously?

Quoting angevil53:

Where's your source for your "over half" comment? No really i want to know. Wow.

Quoting Candie1015:

Well in that case I am sry I took it the wrong way and than you for your opinion. While you do have a point I am not to concerned about any one taking me seriouse on this topic...I am really just trying to shed some light on the subject for moms who have no clue and are curious. In my opinion they should ultimately talk to there dr about it. I am into being open about all subjects....another touchy subject is abortions. Did you know that if it were discussed more openly, all facts were out there on how different types of abortions were carried through, and how it would be after as well as side effects over half the women that have them wouldn't have them?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I never insinuated anything. I think circ'd or not.... whatever. It's your child. And I don't see how misspelling words would make anyone a bad mother. I am just saying if you've done thorough research, for or against, then before you preach to people about your stance make sure you are spelling the subject correctly. They'll take you more seriously!

Quoting Candie1015:

Well it seems like it is to me. Your basically saying I am an idiot because of two words. Fine my bad...they aren't right but I don't need a dictionary I know what they mean and once again it seems like your insinuating I am stupid over two words. I did my research with my dr for the most part fyi and a little research on my own. Once again spelling has nothing to do with being a good parent and knowing what is best for my kids. Once again I am not going to spell check everything when my I is coming out an o because of my phone....so is is an os

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

In comment 8 you also spelled entitle "intitled". And you have internet.... look it up in a dictionary. This is not bashing. It's stating an opinion and correcting words you spelled incorrectly. It's hard to believe if you have done your research and read the words enough to have actually read the info that you would misspell it. Just sayin'

Quoting Candie1015:

Wow I asked for no bashing really and over one word really? Idk about the spelling quite frankly it is one word and my phone is fucking up so either don't read the post or deal with it. Just because one word is misspelled doesn't mean that the person is uneducated or doesn't know what they are talking about. Saying that is like saying a mom who drops out of high school is a bad mom and I graduated.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

*circumcised.... *entitled. It's hard to debate with someone and believe they are educated on the subject when they don't spell the topic correctly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN