Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sitting and spinning?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
Delia's 11 mos and just started spinning while sitting... Is this normal? I know it's a sign of autism and she is actually having early intervention coming out the 25th.. There's been issues since birth, and now another sign,. I'm so scared
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

What do you mean by spinning?

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Like she's on a sit n spin but she uses her legs to scoot her all the way around

Quoting abra:

abra
by Abra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hmm, I'd probably just wait and see if she  doesn't outgrow it. It might just be something she just learned how to do and really thinks is fun. My toddler likes to crawl in circles when we are play "wrestling". :-) 

Quoting harajukumoma:

Like she's on a sit n spin but she uses her legs to scoot her all the way around

Quoting abra:

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Mention it at her evaluation. It could be nothing or it could be a red flag, but getting her a dx (diagnosis) now, if it is a red flag, would get her so much help.
My ds 5 yrs, has autism and EI helped. i gothis dx quickly and he is in an autism class and will start to mainstream this fall for K.
GL with EI. Here's to her catching up quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My daughter does that and she's fine.
Nicole_2007
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Its hard to tell.  I would metion it since you have early intervention coming.  What other red flags does she have?  I know how scary this all can be.  I have been through it.  My daughter has PDD.  She started having red flags early and when they wanted to test her for autism I couldn't take her because it was a three hour trip and I was 9 months pregnant so she actually just got diagnosied with it and she is almost 7.  Its best that you are catching things early so if there is a problem you can get her help early.  I am sure its nothing and its probley something fun she has found she likes to do but if it is something else its best to get the help early.  If you ever need to talk feel free to message me

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Thank you.. That's very nice if you! Ill keep that in mind :)

Quoting Nicole_2007:

Its hard to tell.  I would metion it since you have early intervention coming.  What other red flags does she have?  I know how scary this all can be.  I have been through it.  My daughter has PDD.  She started having red flags early and when they wanted to test her for autism I couldn't take her because it was a three hour trip and I was 9 months pregnant so she actually just got diagnosied with it and she is almost 7.  Its best that you are catching things early so if there is a problem you can get her help early.  I am sure its nothing and its probley something fun she has found she likes to do but if it is something else its best to get the help early.  If you ever need to talk feel free to message me

Nicole_2007
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Your welcome.  I know how helpful it is to talk to peolpe who has been through it :)

Quoting harajukumoma:

Thank you.. That's very nice if you! Ill keep that in mind :)

Quoting Nicole_2007:

babies
baby developmentLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM

my niece did that around that age too, she has autism, you dont even know she has it, shes pretty "normal" and only has a mild case of autism. not trying to freak you out but i would talk to EI about it for sure!

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM
What else did she do that was "off?" I keep thinking in the future like she's gonna be the worst case of autism. But maybe she'll be like your niece

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

my niece did that around that age too, she has autism, you dont even know she has it, shes pretty "normal" and only has a mild case of autism. not trying to freak you out but i would talk to EI about it for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)