Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

help

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
My lo has been up every hour since his six month old shots. I am EXHAUSTED!!! Nothing helps. Not even co sleeping. He just cries and kicks and punches. He naps fine during the day and puts himself to sleep just fine. He plays enough and eats enough. I just ddon't know what to do. Dh doesn't really help. He tries but he feels that sincehe works I should be the one up all of the time. But, I babysit my friends daughter so Iit isn't as though I am sitting around eating bon bons and can nap at will. I have been in tears many a morning from exhaustion.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:08 AM

How old is your friends daughter? if she is still real little can you nap when they both nap? when i was pregnant with my first i was babysiitting my cousins daughter she was 3 and when she napped i napped. 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

jesuschild06
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
maybe he doesnt like the lighting at night. Maybe hes sleeping to much during the day? I would google "6 month old wont sleep at night" and see if anyone else has posted it on yahoo answers or something. Good luck !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
4.5. She has never napped since she was a baby. :/

Quoting bubblemama2164:

How old is your friends daughter? if she is still real little can you nap when they both nap? when i was pregnant with my first i was babysiitting my cousins daughter she was 3 and when she napped i napped. 

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

aww i am sorry mama, i dont know then :(

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

november117
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
He sleeps normal nap times for a 7 month old. 2 hours in the a.m., two hours in the early aftetnoon. Sometimes a quick evening nap but most often not.

I googled it and all I got was he is a high intensity baby. Babies of that nature need very little sleep. :/ That I have to find a balance between his needs and mine. I am to tears at this point because I put him down for nap and he is crying.

I am in no way a supporter of cry it out but at this point, right this very second he is doing his pissed off cry because he doesn't think he needs a nap. Yet all of the tired cues are there. I can't win and hubby thinks he does so much to help...which he doesn't. I do it all on my own for the most part.

Quoting jesuschild06:

maybe he doesnt like the lighting at night. Maybe hes sleeping to much during the day? I would google "6 month old wont sleep at night" and see if anyone else has posted it on yahoo answers or something. Good luck !
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Two things to try. One is Tylenol at night cause it could be teething and second I would try less napping during the day. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

This. 6 months old is usually a growth spurt and teething time. 

Quoting expectantmom81:

Two things to try. One is Tylenol at night cause it could be teething and second I would try less napping during the day. Gl

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN