Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

worrisome bump (pic)

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

I don't know if I should be worried or not. This bump is behind his ear it has gotten bigger. I know its hard to tell how big it is in the pic. Does anyone know what this could be?
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amzbrznjz
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

does it move?  it could be a reactive lymphnode which is really nothing.  When it gets larger, i know my DS is getting sick...my son has one one his neck...if he lets me take a pic I will post it for you...

junebutterfly
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
No it doesn't move.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

does it move?  it could be a reactive lymphnode which is really nothing.  When it gets larger, i know my DS is getting sick...my son has one one his neck...if he lets me take a pic I will post it for you...

amzbrznjz
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I hope you can see it...my nephew has one where your LO bump is...have it checked out to relieve worries...my ds bump doesnt really move...does it seem to bother your DS?

Quoting junebutterfly:

No it doesn't move.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

holmes212
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
to me it looks like a swollen lymphnode. my dd has a couple of thoes when a bug bite got infected really bad on the nap of her neck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Looks like it could be his lymph nodes. Mine swell up when I am sick or allergies are bad. It is more common then we realize. My Dr told me it could take up to two months for them to go down.

If you are worried never hurts to bring them in.

2inblue
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Lymph node or he hit his head. Lymph nodes pop up behind my sons ear all the time. Watch for signs of ear pain
MommyRJ
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Dh has one in the exact spot. It's a cyst. Unless it gets bigger or painful it's nothing to worry about. Ask your pedi next time you see them but its probably nothing to run off to the ER for :)
abra
by Abra on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I am guessing one of these. 

Quoting 2inblue:

Lymph node or he hit his head. Lymph nodes pop up behind my sons ear all the time. Watch for signs of ear pain

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmmmm I would call the doc just to be safe IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

i would go with either a cyst or lymph node swollen if its not hurting him i would call pedi and see what they say

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN