Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 month old DD refusing solids from jar now?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 22 Replies
My DD has been on solids since 6 1/2 months, and she was doing BEAUTIFULLY. Eating a 4-5 oz jar of fruit for breakfast and same size of a veggie for dinner along with 4-6 3-4oz bottles of formula the rest of the day and night. She was waking up either once or not at all for a feed at night.

For the last week and a half, she's refusing her solids from a jar. Tightens her lips so I can't feed her. I tried placing it in her tray so she may feed herself (or try) and she just played in it. She's getting more formula now, on demand. She is still interested in EVERYTHING I eat. She will gladly try small pieces of what I eat. Could she possibly want what I eat because of the flavor/variety? Help =[
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Give her real food. Babies never need jarred food. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
She doesn't need jarred food. Give her little pieces of what you have.
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Yes, jar food is gross. You could do baby led solids. She just gets what you get, mashed or cut tiny, But i would not add any extra salt to her food. You could also gt the Gerber snacks. Right now shes not needing that stuff, its just for practice so even if all she is doing is playing with it she is fine.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I would look into baby led solids, and or puree her fresh foods instead. Jar food is disgusting. If I wouldn't eat it, I wouldn't feed it:)

lauratupper
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Quoting Dragonmamas:

I would look into baby led solids, and or puree her fresh foods instead. Jar food is disgusting. If I wouldn't eat it, I wouldn't feed it:)

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
the jarred stuff is nasty, just give finger food
brittybby2010
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
What can I give her though? I'm afraid of her choking =[
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM
This happened with my DD around the same time frame. I just started giving her table foods and let her feed herself and it worked. She rather have that instead so I dont buy her baby food anymore. She just eats table food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Just cut the food up into bite size pieces and dont give her anything to hard. She will be able to handle it. And if she gags thats not choking

Quoting brittybby2010:

What can I give her though? I'm afraid of her choking =[
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Ditch the jars, they're not needed. Start giving her table food, she'll be much more interested in eating. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN