Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

hive that just won't go away

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
My poor one month 1 week old old has had a hive on one side of his butt for about three weeks now. Have changed diapers tried using just water and a cloth for wipes tried desitin and the doctors suggestion benedryl cream once a day and its stoll there and not getting better. Its odd how its just on one side
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauratupper
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Maybe it is something else?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I'm not saying it's this but my son had these things on his leg that looked like hives and when I brought him to the dermatologist, it was actually eczema but it looked just like hives.

angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM

If it's been there for 3 weeks you should probably have it looked at.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM

agreed

Quoting angela.bouchard:

If it's been there for 3 weeks you should probably have it looked at.

nmf1028
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Just so everyone knows I had it looked at once before lol I'm not dumb. They had told me to just put benedryl cream on it and call if it doesn't go away after trying diff diapers wipes and formula. I had to do thos ethings all at diff times to rule each out. So anuwau went to the doc again..same office and they referred me to a dermatologist bc he thinks its some type of wierd birthmark?
kss12
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM
It's probably eczema.. Can you post a pic?

Quoting nmf1028:

Just so everyone knows I had it looked at once before lol I'm not dumb. They had told me to just put benedryl cream on it and call if it doesn't go away after trying diff diapers wipes and formula. I had to do thos ethings all at diff times to rule each out. So anuwau went to the doc again..same office and they referred me to a dermatologist bc he thinks its some type of wierd birthmark?

nmf1028
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Best one I could get. When its not being bothered or touched at tines it turns darker than the rest his skin when touched or when diaper is on it it turns white its raised up all the times but the skin is soft on the flat part on top....
nmf1028
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN