Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Feel bad for dd..

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
I feel so bad for my dd who is 5 because I don't have much for her to do. She has a couple kids in the neighborhood but the one girl is a few yrs older than her and the boy is 4 and super immature, he always gets grumpy and says you can't ever come to my house again! Or he stars yelling at her like a little old man so I try to not have them play too much. And my other dd is only 10 mos so she's too little to play with. She had a girl from preschool she was having occasional play dates with but her mom stopped contacting me, idk why. She doesn't play with her toys, we don't have a swing set or pool- well just a little inflatable one., and there's not much to do. I take her to the park but it's been so hot it's hard especially with my foot since I got surgery I'm still healing. I just can't wait Til she starts kindergarten in the fall. Anyone else have this problem?
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Are you crafty at all? Get some paper, scissors, glue, dry noodles, etc and make some cards or pretty pictures to hang on the fridge. Get a coloring book and when the baby naps, color together. Read to her. Have her "read" to you with books she knows by heart.
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Ya we do crafts sometimes but you know she gets bored w stuff easily as most kids do! I just wish she had more kids to play with!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Are you crafty at all? Get some paper, scissors, glue, dry noodles, etc and make some cards or pretty pictures to hang on the fridge. Get a coloring book and when the baby naps, color together. Read to her. Have her "read" to you with books she knows by heart.

brittany208
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM

my 4yo doesnt have any friends around here either. we go to the park sometimes, the library, church on sundays, volunteer on thursday, chuck e cheese, walks, he plays in his sand box. he has plenty of unstructured time, but that gives him plenty of time to use his imagination.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
We've been doing Chuk e cheeses- it's not too pricey for a couple hours of fun so I like that, and she has a blast- for the last 4 years she was terrified of that mouse, she just got over her fear this summer! Lol

Quoting brittany208:

my 4yo doesnt have any friends around here either. we go to the park sometimes, the library, church on sundays, volunteer on thursday, chuck e cheese, walks, he plays in his sand box. he has plenty of unstructured time, but that gives him plenty of time to use his imagination.

brittany208
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM

we just went yesterday. they have an "every kid is a winner" promotion going on at ours (not sure if it is everywhere) where they gave us a game piece when we walked in, and we won 15 free tokens. so I didnt end up paying a penny other than gas money to get there. DS played a few games and crawled around p in the tunnel for awhile, then we went home for lunch.

Quoting harajukumoma:

We've been doing Chuk e cheeses- it's not too pricey for a couple hours of fun so I like that, and she has a blast- for the last 4 years she was terrified of that mouse, she just got over her fear this summer! Lol

Quoting brittany208:

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
My kids usually play well by themselves. I'm sorry. Hopefully she will start using her imagination and playing well alone. It won't be long before little sister plays. Do you have her help with the baby?
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Yes! Did chuk e come out and throw a bunch of tickets that says how much tickets they won? They had that going on, maybe the same thing?

Quoting brittany208:

we just went yesterday. they have an "every kid is a winner" promotion going on at ours (not sure if it is everywhere) where they gave us a game piece when we walked in, and we won 15 free tokens. so I didnt end up paying a penny other than gas money to get there. DS played a few games and crawled around p in the tunnel for awhile, then we went home for lunch.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting brittany208:

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Ya she helps here and there... She isn't too imaginative... She's more pragmatic, she's literal, which is great cuz that's her but she doesn't really "play"

Quoting jridgill:

My kids usually play well by themselves. I'm sorry. Hopefully she will start using her imagination and playing well alone. It won't be long before little sister plays. Do you have her help with the baby?

brittany208
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

your store must do things a little differently than ours. we got a game piece type thing when we walked in. DS peeled it back and won however many tokens. Chuck E. did come out later and did a dance with the kids and they threw actual tickets in the air for the kids to scramble and grab then too. since my DS is only 4, he doesnt really care all that much about how many tokens/tickets he gets. as long as he gets to play for awhile, he's happy. i was just pleasantly surprised i didnt spend a dime :)

Quoting harajukumoma:

Yes! Did chuk e come out and throw a bunch of tickets that says how much tickets they won? They had that going on, maybe the same thing?

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting brittany208:

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I'm sorry that is what they did! I just got confused with what he threw in the air and what they gave her! Lol

Quoting brittany208:

your store must do things a little differently than ours. we got a game piece type thing when we walked in. DS peeled it back and won however many tokens. Chuck E. did come out later and did a dance with the kids and they threw actual tickets in the air for the kids to scramble and grab then too. since my DS is only 4, he doesnt really care all that much about how many tokens/tickets he gets. as long as he gets to play for awhile, he's happy. i was just pleasantly surprised i didnt spend a dime :)

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting brittany208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN