Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 10 month old wont fall asleep in her crib

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

I need some advice, my 10 month old daughter wont fall asleep in her crib. She has to fall asleep on me. I have tried many times to put her in her crib when she is awake to see if she will go to sleep on her own, and she wont. I really dont know what to do. Ive tried the CIO method, and she gets so worked up that she will throw up. It seems like anytime I lay her in her crib when she is awake she cries and gets mad. if I sit her in it shes okay most of the time. Please I really need some advice. This is both at nap times and bed times. If I put her in her crib when she is not fully asleep she will wake up and cry as well. 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Amanda739
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Anyone? 

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Did you use to co sleep with her?

Amanda739
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Anyone? 

anxiousschk
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It's a phase and can be a very long one.  Eventually it will pass and until then try and enjoy her falling asleep on you.  

I know it's not always convenient and there are tons of other things that need to get done, but these days truly don't last forever.  

If she's asleep on you and gets put in the crib, does she instantly wake up?  

Amanda739
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

No we never co sleeped. she just has to fall asleep with me on the couch. Now that I think about it, she almost has always fell asleep with me. I would give her a bottle before nap time or bed time then she would fall asleep. I got her into a routine with it, Its all she knows. I just dont know how to break her of the habit. I am returning to work in september part time and really want her to to be able to fall asleep on her own by then. 

Even last night she woke up at 4am. Which is another problem, she only sleeps through the night occasionally, and so I gave her a bottle and she wouldnt go back to sleep. she stood at the edge of her crib and fussed so I got up and took her to the couch and she fell alseep with a half an hour. 

I dont have any support, just my husband and he doesnt know what to do either. All our family is 12 hours away. and I havent met any friends since living here. I just feel horrible. :(

Amanda739
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

if I let her sleep on me for a bit, like 10-15 mins I can move her to her crib and she will wont wake up, but if she still just alseep or just falling alseep she wakes up and cries 

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Sorry idk my dd is also 10 mos but loves her crib she won't sleep with me at all:(
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
If that's what gets her to sleep id keep doing it that way.

I do what works for my kids. It never lasts forever. All of my kids used to do that (my baby still does). All four of my older kids 9-3 1/2 all sleep in their own beds and fall asleep on their own now no problem.
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

settle her ALMOST to sleep, but still slightly awake. place her in her crib. if she wakes up and starts crying, repeat the process. if she wakes up part way and isnt crying, wait and see if she'll go back to sleep on her own before you pick  her up. repeat as many times as needed. she will eventually get tired and sleep. the next nights should be easier, since she will associate crib with sleep, not a scary place she has been abandoned in. this is what i did with my boys and they are both amazing sleepers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)