Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

TTC question ot

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 9 Replies
I asked this in the TTC group, but it is pretty dead in there so I will ask it here and hope someone can help.

AF was due on Sunday and she still hasn't arrived. I have a 27 day cycle and have been consistent with that for 6-8 months (today is day 29). I did test on Friday and it was negative, but it was a dollar store test.

The weird thing is I have lots of white cm and when I have checked myself, my cervix is flat and the skin around it (uterus above?) is bulgy and firm.

I have 3 other kids and I can't remember white cm like this.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Seems like that is sometimes a symptom.
You really have to wait until you're a week late to reliably get a positive if you are, although I know plenty get them sooner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM

is your cervix low or high? after ovulation, your cervix will drop lower and be firm.  in early pregnancy or when your period is due it can be a bit higher and softer. this really isn't a reliable indicator because if varies so much between women. I would suggest either waiting another week or you could go and buy a more reliable pg test. If you still get a negative test, if you really want to know soon, you could always do a blood test. as far as the white cm, what is it's consistency? do you chart that?

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Lots of cm is sometimes a symptom of af coming too so its hard to tell. Things like this tend to vary a lot between women. I'd wait a few days, get a better test and try again.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Quoting alandou:

is your cervix low or high? after ovulation, your cervix will drop lower and be firm.  in early pregnancy or when your period is due it can be a bit higher and softer. this really isn't a reliable indicator because if varies so much between women. I would suggest either waiting another week or you could go and buy a more reliable pg test. If you still get a negative test, if you really want to know soon, you could always do a blood test. as far as the white cm, what is it's consistency? do you chart that?

My cervix is high and kind of flush with the rest of the vaginal wall. It is sometimes hard and sometimes soft, depending on if I'm laying down checking or standing up. The cm ranges between wet slightly cooked egg white, and liquidy/thick lotion. Kinda hard to explain. I have been charting everything but my temps since I don't have a thermometer. Didn't chart this month, but knew when I ovulated.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Quoting Turtledoves:

Lots of cm is sometimes a symptom of af coming too so its hard to tell. Things like this tend to vary a lot between women. I'd wait a few days, get a better test and try again.

I think I will wait another couple days an then go to a Crisis Pregnancy center to get a test done. If I am pregnant, I will need the confirmation written down for insurance purposes anyway.
alandou
by April on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I think it's pretty normal for your cm to change from EWCM to more of a thicker/lotiony white cm after you've ovulated. as far as your cervical position, it's just kind of difficult to say because our bodies are so wacky sometimes. So basically, you should have been on CD1 as of friday?

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting alandou:

My cervix is high and kind of flush with the rest of the vaginal wall. It is sometimes hard and sometimes soft, depending on if I'm laying down checking or standing up. The cm ranges between wet slightly cooked egg white, and liquidy/thick lotion. Kinda hard to explain. I have been charting everything but my temps since I don't have a thermometer. Didn't chart this month, but knew when I ovulated.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quoting alandou:

CD1 should have been Sunday.
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Quoting Turtledoves:

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

i would wait a few days and test again if no af. I used dollar store cheapies when always trying to conceive and i got positives a week before af! Everyone is different though!

expecting boyBaby Reese due OCT 15th!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)