• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd just refused to nurse before her nap, which completely not normal for her????

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

My dd is 11 months and nurses before her naps and of course before bedtime. It's the ritual. But when I went to nurse her before her afternoon nap, she whined and shook her head no! What does this mean? What should I do? Is she weaning herself?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lauratupper
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

She probably just wasn't hungry. I bet she will want to nurse when she wakes up.

kss12
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
It could possibly mean she's weaning herself, which is what I thought a month ago when ds refused before bed. The next day, he had a fever and was tugging on his ear. Turned out it was an ear infection. The motion the jaw makes hurts the ears, and depending on what side he laid on he wouldn't nurse. Keep an eye on her.. It may be teething pains, ear infection, headache and possibly nothing related to weaning. Good luck!
angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting lauratupper:

She probably just wasn't hungry. I bet she will want to nurse when she wakes up.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

twogirl91
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Around a year my youngest son stopped nursing before bedtime and nap time, he still nurses but he just prefers to put himself to sleep without nursing. I was sad at first, but now I'm realived because it makes nap time and bed time so much easier. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I wouldn't be worried.

Ptitchou
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Probably not weaning herself. Maybe she's teething. Maybe she's not feeling well. Babies don't really wean before a year. I wouldn't worry about it.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Quoting lauratupper:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)